BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

This is one of my favorite army ideas I've seen in a while. Beautiful work, and I can't wait for more updates!

Battle-Brother

Holy **** that's like something straight out of the old cartoon Dino Riders! That's absolutely awesome!

Truly very inspiring and a amazing project! Great to see the background story and the motivation its very nice to see that someone picks it up like that and thats also how I started my Exodite Project of 2014 this year! Love the work you're doing and some ideas beg to be "stolen"!
    I used a non GW model for making my Wraithknight and used the actuall Wraithknight kit to merge with the model! And for my basic troop boys I used the High Elf Shadow Warriors bashed together with the Eldar Guardians for that cloth/leather feel to it...

Def will follow your project! Keep it going

While the dinosaurs are impressive, I keep on going back to the Guardian squads. They work out so well visually - if I wasn't already familiar with the kits involved, I'd think they were cast and sold like that!

Brother-Sergeant

So...another update then.
    Started work on the Armies on parade board, (yes I know it's not for 6 months, but I wanted to get a head start!) after sacrificing the board I made last year.

As shown in an earlier post it's going to be the mountainous citadel of Tuzanor.

So, some pics

First 2 show the basic outline of the mountains. Once the glue dries and I've got the drainpipe I'm using for the main towers I'll then use my hotwire cutter to sink the towers into the polystyrene, and carve the slopes to look more mountainous.

The next is a sketch of the tower positions.
    I wanted to go with a certain aesthetic with the city, so the towers will be styled like a High Elf fantasy castle, with wraithbone supports for the platforms and bridges.
    I also wanted the number three to be part of the look, so all the towers (except for the generators) are built in either 1 or 3, with 3 attachments (weapon towers or bridges)
    The main tower (marked PB for "plasma ball") will have a platform 120mm across supported on three 40mm towers. The single and triple towers will all be made from 60mm drainpipe, with a 100mm platform on top.
    The smaller towers attached to the 3 corner towers will have a custom built weapon system (2 as quad EML turrets, 1 as a prism cannon turret)
    The towers marked with G will be 60mm towers without platforms, housing generators similar to the ones in Dawn of War, with fading LEDs inside the power crystals

Thoughts?

Now while that dries I really should get back to painting guardians......

-Mark
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Librarian

Looks like I've found some inspiration for when I make some Eldar Exodites and a terrain board.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Brother-Sergeant

Another week and more grey plastic!

So I have a confession first. I've broken my own rules. Remember back in post one when I said "no vehicles"? Well that's gone out of the window after seeing the conversions one of the other [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?386256-Slow-Grow-Exodites-The-dragon-Knights-of-Elgadon"]Exodite[/URL] logs.
    So what have I done? Shuffled the list a bit and added this

Yup. High elf dragon as a Crimson Hunter. Although it is still very work in progress (this is about 5 hours work today) using the 2 brigtlances, and the breath weapon as the pulsar.

Now I really should slap some paint on these, as Alex at GW Bristol wants to put them in the cabinet when they're done...

-Mark
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Brother-Sergeant

More progress!

So this week I've spent more time applying paint to plastic, and I think I've finalised the crimson hunter. So I'd like some feedback on the figures, and if anyone can think of anything obvious I've missed then that'd help too!
    The bases are unfinished so far. Started to apply a snow effect when I first started but I'm not that happy with it so I've decided to scrape it off the other bases and just apply a coherent snow once their all done (and I find a way of doing the deep, crusty snow drifts I'm after...any ideas?)

Firstly the Exodite Lord on Carnosaur/Avatar

Then the second guardian squad. Decided to build some unhelmeted so I can mix them within both squads. Still need to finish the bright lance cold one.

Then we have the warp spiders

Brother-Sergeant

The Warlock Solnier, who'll accompany the support weapon beasts

And the finished Farseer Khadroni

Then we have the WIP shot of the crimson hunter. Still need to get a flying base for it. It and the wraithknight will both be painted in the same way as the Avatar, with the dinosaur being blue and grey, with the same green armour.

So what do you all think?

-Mark

Brother-Sergeant

Here we go again.

Not much so far this week.....decided that the warp spiders didn't work how I'd envisioned them, so work has started sorting that...
    Going to give them the same legs as the guardians and fire dragons, but obviously a bit more dynamic. Luckily the shadow spectres are easy to take apart at the waist.

Also thought I'd do some more work on the display base.
    Firstly cut the drainpipe into 15 pieces for the towers (and broke 4 Dremel cutting disks and 2 hacksaw blades in the process!), then bored holes with my new hotwire polystyrene cutter and glued them into place. I then used the cutter again to carve the mountains so they looked more natural rather than stepped

Then I started building the platforms and buildings. These were cut from foamcore, and the tower tops and main buildings were wrapped in thin card. Then all of them apart from the central platform were glued down.

The central on was left free as I want to get all the detailing on the towers and walls, as well as handrails before I fit the plasma ball and it's battery pack.

Still have to decide where to place the LED crystal generators.

More to come on Friday...
    -Mark

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast