BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Very nice work

Brother-Sergeant

Part the final....

So, with that I think I can call this project done.
    Just wanted to end thanking everyone on all the forums I post on for all of your encouragement and support with this, it's been a labour of love, and one of the armies I've always wanted to build.
    I'll let you all know how it goes on September 13th (and if any of you are likely to be near GW Bristol then, I wouldn't say no to a few more votes!)

Now onto Throne of Skulls 2015 with these guys, and to focus some time on my kill team project....

i'm g;ad to see the whole thing come together

Brother-Sergeant

Oooh it's a it dark and dusty here....

So with the release of the new craftworlds codex and ToS changing the points to 1875 I felt I should resurrect this thread.
    Armies on parade was a big success,
    Video
    this is what I won

Came second by only two votes to this

Though to be fair it was the guy that one the national title the first year they did it!

Updated list.
    Having read through the codex I felt I had to run the Warhost since I was already running 2 guardian squads, and it meant I could run the wraithknight and the avatar without worrying about Lord of War slots. It would also mean I had to run a CAD as well.

Warhost formation
    -defender host,
    farseer with singing spear
    3x guardian squads with Brightlance platforms
    Vyper with scatter laser
    Warwalker with 2x EML
    Vaul's support battery with 2x shadow weavers
    -Legends detachment
    -Aspect host (BS increase)
    5x Swooping Hawks inc exarch
    5x Fire Dragons inc exarch
    4x Dark Reapers inc exarch
    -Wraith Constructs
    Wraithknight with 2 scatter lasers

Combined Arms Detachment
    - HQ
    Autarch with reaper launcher and scorpian sword
    - Troops
    5x wind riders with 1 shuriken cannon and jetbike warlock with singing spear
    5x Dire Avengers
    - Fast Attack
    Crimson Hunter

Total 1873

Started work on the new additions. Firstly the Vyper, a two elf beast that started life as a Kroot Knarloc similar to the Artillery beasts

Changed head and increased size of body and tail

Added scales

Added saddles and armour

Then the warwalker. I wanted to use the lizardmen stegadon but how to make it different?
    I ended up using the spare carnosaur head I had left over from building the troglodon wraithknight, blending the neck into the body of the stegadon. The warwalker components have been mounted (I see the legs as a kind of steady cam system) just need to mount the weapons and add some armour similar to the Avatar/wraithlord to the neck

Just waiting for some parts (and Korhil for me to turn into the Autarch) to turn up and then we can really get to work.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Brother-Sergeant

And another update.
    Built the rider for the Vyper, just waiting for the parts to arrive for the pilot.

Also built the armour panels for the warwalker, thinking of adding wraithlord wings on the back of the warwalker cockpit.

Then my Autarch. Lots of thought with this one, wanted to stick to the high elf look, and after racking my brains on how to make him stand out I thought of using Korhil.
    This is what I started with.

After attacking him with my dremmel and removing his chest, big axe and head (but not hair) I fitted a trimmed down head and chest from the dire avenger exarch.

About an hours work, 10 very thin rolls of GS and a new scalpel blade I resculpted the braids so they look like they're attached to the helmet. Left arm had the axe changed to an old Eldar chainsword, right arm had a reaper launcher pinned.

Still need to tidy up the GS and the left arm isn't attached yet, but still early days

More to come
    Mark
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Chapter-Master

very cool idea
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Sergeant

It's that time again....didn't realise I could get so much done in so short a time!
    Firstly more work on the stegadon/warwalker. Not much really, just added a holo field wing to the back made from 4 1mm thick squares of plasticard glued together, then cut and carved into shape once dry. Gems were added to it and the armour with GS. Still waiting for some EML's (if anyone can spare a couple I'd be eternally grateful!)

Then, as more of my parts have arrived, I finished the vyper's pilot and added gems to its armour too.

I also have the first of my Dark Reapers built. Still needs more GS to join the fur cape to the Phoenix guard legs, but the basics are there. Added GS to the head to give them the same face mask as the rest of the troops rather than all enclosing skull dome.

And I've built the last of the windriders.

Finally with my Autarch. I need some help. This is where I am at the moment.

Something just doesn't fit. I think it's the legs. But I don't know what to do to give it that wow factor.
    Any thoughts?

-Mark

Brother-Sergeant

Quick update. After some feedback here's Autarch mk2

Looks definitely better than the mk1. Would look even better with axe on the left hand and gun on the right, bit like the lothern skycutters hero but with gun on the right hand. Dunno how hard it would be tho.
    Nice dark reaper by the way.

The mk2 looks great. I've never actually seen an Exodite army in the flesh, very nice.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast