BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Im doing a similar project and Im going to ask why you didnt come to a similar conclusion to me:

Exodite Knight Titans are a thing. Theyre what the Wraithknight is based on- specifically the Firegale in size and shape of the primary configuration, to a T scale to scale from Epic. So why Dino it up?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    These are great, they remind me of a show I used to watch called Dino Riders. Look forward to seeing more.

dino riders was the mutts

yes very much in the same vein, yet still within the bounds of the old fluff.

i likey...... one thought if you ever do a night spinner...... the arachnirock

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

"Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
    Im doing a similar project and Im going to ask why you didnt come to a similar conclusion to me:

Exodite Knight Titans are a thing. Theyre what the Wraithknight is based on- specifically the Firegale in size and shape of the primary configuration, to a T scale to scale from Epic. So why Dino it up?
    Because most of the newer fluff has the Exodites as being far less technologically advanced and both the Eldar path books and Horus Heresy novella featuring them have them riding giant lizards into battle.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Brother-Sergeant

Hey guys.

@Lost Vyper. @Mitey Heroes, @Eldar Atog, @Imperial Fist, @ Keaton James Callaghan - Thanks for the support guys!

@ Bigred - Thanks for the welcome..........and maybe, just maybe....wraithlords on stegadons as cavalry!

@Dave Fothergill - sorry mate, all the dinosaurs with lasers have been requisitioned by the Warhost of Tuzanor, though we may have a cat with a water pistol if you're interested...

@Deadlift - Ha, Dino riders.....now there's a blast from the past!

@Grey Mage - While I remember the original release of the Eldar and Imperial Knigts (yes I am that old!), as Imperial fist mentioned newer fluff = bigger dinosaurs, and after all the conversion work that's going into all the other models, I didn't want to shoehorn in an unconverted model that didn't fit the theme...

@Cpt Codpiece - Keep watching.....Knarloc riders + Carnosaur heads + Support Weapon Platforms = Shadow Weaver Platforms...

Not much else to update today, just been planning the display board in sketchup, wanted some feedback. Eventually there'll be bridges linking the towers together, and the black ball in the centre will be a working plasma ball representing a webway gate.

-Mark

Veteran-Sergeant

This is some really impressive work. I've always had a lil soft spot for the Exodites and you've done an amazing job of capturing their essence.

What's the chance of that big ol' Dread Saurian (see last month's WD) putting in an appearance? It'd make an interesting super heavy.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Love that idea! Great work ill be watching!

Librarian

having looked again at the fantastic conversions, im tempted to 'copy' the warp spider idea but use shredder ends rather than blasters that's if spiders don't get a plastic or re-sculpt or at least hints of one by Sept.

Brother-Sergeant

Hello again guys, another update to show this hasn't been forgotten about!

Done some more work on the Carnosaur/Wraithknight, modelled the shoulder armour, scatter laser sponsons, the base and started work on the holo wing. Still a little rough at the moment as it's just masking tape and foamcore, still needs filler and filing. Then just waiting for the fire prism turret to arrive so I can build the back armour.

Also built and under coated the warlock that's going with the support weapon battery.

He'll look better once I start painting!

@FireHazard - possibly.....maybe as a Revenant or Phantom, depending on the size of the Dread Saurian....

@ Cpt Codpiece - thought of that for the spiders originally, but I couldn't get enough shredders from the bits sites at the time!

More to come

-Mark
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Brother-Sergeant

...and we're back with another update.
    Finally received the eBay parcels I've been waiting for, so work has begun on the support weapon platforms.

Firstly though, the build for my wraithknight (which my wife has lovingly named Mushu, after the Dragon in Disney's Mulan) is now complete, with the addition of the back armour cut from the turret of a Fire prism.

Then we have the weapon platforms (who she who must be obeyed has named Huey, Dewey and Louie). These started as Forgeworld Knarloc riders, though I've attacked them with my Dremel to remove the rider, all the straps and the head quills.
    The heads will be remodelled so they're similar to the new carnosaur, scales will be added, along with armour made from the support weapon platform (as Dewey is stylishly modelling!)

The shadow weaver will be mounted centrally, just got to scratch build the mount itself

Thanks for looking
    -Mark
    Last edited by Binary77; 02-19-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast