BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default New Magazines Review

Dropped this the 'WD stopping' thread, but I thought it could use its own thread...

Warhammer Visions seems worse than I imagined. Yes, I like the photos, but I don't need 200 pages of the things every month... Maybe I can learn some French and German along the way. White Dwarf might be worth picking up when it features one of the armies I collect, but I can't see racing to the store to buy every issue.

Seems like GW rolled a '1'...
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-31-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Also got "visions" tonight...

Pro's
    Lots of pictures...

Cons
    £7.50!!
    A5 (same size as the Small 40 rule book, about twice as think)
    Just lots of pictures..... not much reading material...

Won't be buying this again......

GW are doomed if they really think this will help save them...

Librarian

That has really put me off. I'll be canceling. Very disappointed.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Iron Father

The weekly looks "ok" but visions is a big miss from what I see in the review. It just looks like lots of pictures of painted models, some repeated as well. To be fair the models and the paint schemes are cool and great for inspiration but I can find pictures of very cool painted models for free on the internet.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 01-30-2014 at 06:15 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

Yep. I like the Golden Demon coverage because it's great to see what other gamers come up with. Armies on Parade is also a good feature. I also like Blanchitsu because I just love all of the gothic inquisitor stuff.

However, there were over 60 pages of Tyranid photos! Many are simply pics we've seen before (or near enough they seem familiar) of the same studio models we've seen on the website.

Not sure what GW is thinking...

One 4 letter word staring with F. Yes it's fail!
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

I do like the idea of white dwarf weekly though. Will just have to make sure you only get the issues you want.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

got to say I'll defiantly stick to WD but visions I wont until they sort out the format and drop the price a bit =/ £7.50 maybe £6 and I'd be happy and the guy is right we want a sub for WD as well

I was looking forward to Warhammer Visions but it's really look pretty average to say the least. Dissapointed.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I've thought since the beginning that I'd probably stick with White Dwarf, occasionally picking up Visions if it had something good in it (armies I play, painting classes for things I want to do, terrain inspiration). I'll probably pick up both for a little while, and decide which I like best.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast