BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Mycetic" Spore ?

Spores are mentioned several times in the new Tyranid dataslate... in the fluff anyhow.

Short quote taken from the dataslate: " but Leviathan responded
    by directing more of the spores along the pheromone
    trails left by those that had landed successfully."

Maaayyybeee we will see them yet... Not holding my breath

Librarian

I bet you FW will roll out some spores later when they update IA4 theres too much money to be made

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

And people said the same thing pre-6th codex, they've been killed by greed, its highly doubtfull we will ever get them back
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

There's still two 'Nid dataslates to come...keep your fingers crossed.

Chaplain

but don't hold your breath

Brother-Sergeant

GW won't bring Mycetic spores back as a game piece until things are resolved with Chapter House Studios. And only if they win on that particular issue in the legal case.

As said above;don't hold your breath.

For years we've put up with assinine changes to codices from GW in the name of driving sales but, this one takes the cake. What I'd like to see is a universal wave of house rules reinstating the Mycetic Spores. While I truly like some of the things in the new codex, this nerf is beyond painful and will likely force a codex with a LOT of promise to devolve to one or two viable builds. If they had replaced the the M.S. with something instead of just $hit-canning the unit (anyone remember the Malafactor), those units that simply CANNOT survive walking across the field would have had an option.

While I have serious doubts it would accomplish anything with the dolts who furnish our beloved plastic crack, perhaps a universal effort along these lines might send a message even the bean counters at GW can't ignore.
    1. There are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.
    2. We are the Emperor's Children and we WILL redeem our honor.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And people said the same thing pre-6th codex, they've been killed by greed, its highly doubtfull we will ever get them back
    maybe then a new Brood Nest Kit? I know the Capillary towers are definitely a no go (Even with strong petition and dialogue with the company) in addition to gameplay changes it would just be depressing from a narative perspective to lose almost all the "sources" of Nids on the battlefield.

to those who brought it up, bringing back the spore as a house rule piece would be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by St.Germaine View Post
    If they had replaced the the M.S. with something instead of just $hit-canning the unit (anyone remember the Malafactor), those units that simply CANNOT survive walking across the field would have had an option.
    Mawlocks and Trygon Tunnels not good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Mawlocks and Trygon Tunnels not good enough for you?
    Trygon tunnels arent reliable.

Turn 2:
    Roll a 3+ for your Trygon. 66% of the time, awesome, comes in.
    Roll a 3+ for your infantry that you want to use the tunnel. 66% of the time they'll be forced to walk on from the board edge as the Trygon tunnels are used in "subsequent turns".

Turn 3:
    Whatever didnt show up on turn 2, roll a 3+ to enter. Only 1 unit per turn may use each Trygon tunnel.

Vs.

Mycetic Spore:
    Turn 2:
    Each unit with the spore can roll a 3+ to deepstrike onto the tabletop, scatter as normal and deploy from the spore pod.

Waaaaaay more useful and reliable than the Trygon Tunnels.

What do mawlocks have to do with allowing other units to deepstrike?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast