BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey! Love the article, but I'm not sure how you calculated the invulnerable saves- I'm not aware Ghazgull has one, and regardless shouldn't we be interested in the probability of failing the save?
    Hi, I'm Simon. Main army- Eldar, Craftworld Kan'di Khaine! Casual & tournament player with Vale Renegades @ Firestorm Games, Cardiff, Tuesdays!

Chaplain

Hi Silent!

Yes, Ghazghkull has a Cybork body which grants him a 5+ invulnerable save (2/6 chance for success, 4/6 chance for failure). Whoops, looks like I called it the wrong thing; the probability was correct, but I listed it incorrectly in the description.

In short: P(A∩B) = 34.37% * 2/3 = 22.92% just means that Red has a 34% chance to land 4 or more hits, and Ghazghkull has a 33% chance to save against it, bringing us to 22.92% that she successfully swallows him whole!

=P
    Last edited by Dlatrex; 02-04-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Chaplain

And for completeness sake I did add Abby using Drach'nyen. Apparently not the better tool for the job in this case:

Warmaster Abbadon (using Drach'nyen)
    Swallowed Whole! 9.68%
    Red untouched 11.85%
    Red 1 wound 20.23%
    Red 2 wounds 24.24%
    Red DEAD 43.66%

Chaplain

So I guess Yarrick is cool enough to have a invulnerable save now? That certainly helps keep him alive (updated the statistics).

You win +1 Internets for the day!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

This is the best thing I've seen on BoLS in quite a while. This is frontpage material. It's far more interesting than most of the articles published, anyway.

Chaplain

That might be taking it a little far, but I do thank you for the compliment! Just the rantings of an epidemiologist with too much time on his hands ;-)

Brother-Sergeant

Nice article... thanks for the post!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12