BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default press orders went up quick!

Dwarfs are up and ready to go.
    Hammerers £30 For 10
    New hero £13
    Didn't see the slayer but I wasn't paying that close attention.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Chapter-Master

Good grief, that's almost as outrageously expensive as the witch elves.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Knock a fiver off and I would have bought 3. Now probably just the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    Knock a fiver off and I would have bought 3. Now probably just the 2.
    None for me. Probably just the book and maybe a new gyrocopter if it's not obscenely priced, but then I am likely to have my hopes dashed given GW's arrogance and greed.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    None for me. Probably just the book and maybe a new gyrocopter if it's not obscenely priced, but then I am likely to have my hopes dashed given GW's arrogance and greed.
    I would not go as far as "arrogance" and "greed". GW sees itself as miniature company and not as a gaming company. By this vision its logical to release the book later because it is not the focus of the company.

Given that based on their numbers over the past years they have been hemorrhaging customers for some time now I think that "focus" is idiotic. They have just been able to hide it behind their price rises until now. I find it odd that some people believe their primary business is those who only collect/paint. If that were true then the loss of "gamer" customers would not impact them as much as it seems to be. Personally I think that theory is ridiculous. While some folks may buy a mini or two for their collection, or perhaps use them to play in other systems like RPGs, I suspect the only people who will buy in the kind of bulk GW needs to stay afloat are those who need said figures to play a *game* with them. That they call themselves a miniatures company first is flat out lying to themselves and everyone else. If they were just a miniatures company they would end up like Reaper, lots of individual cool figures, but no massive sales of specific models. Without a good game system the numbers just fall flat as evidenced by Reaper's own attempt at large scale wargaming.

Chapter-Master

I had a glance at the pricing on the Hammerers and wasn't too surprised, they are identical in cost (Aussie here) to Witch Elves and Maiden Guard. I'm more of an Elf person in the first place so any chance of me doing a Dwarf army has disappeared right down the drain with those prices. Chaos Dwarves on the other hand are starting to look even more appealing by the day. Same rough cost to build an army of them as it would for regular Dwarves, yet Chaos Dwarves have such iconic and unique models in a theme I like.

Big "eh" to this release. To be fair though, I think the models are all really good so far.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I had a glance at the pricing on the Hammerers and wasn't too surprised, they are identical in cost (Aussie here) to Witch Elves and Maiden Guard. I'm more of an Elf person in the first place so any chance of me doing a Dwarf army has disappeared right down the drain with those prices. Chaos Dwarves on the other hand are starting to look even more appealing by the day. Same rough cost to build an army of them as it would for regular Dwarves, yet Chaos Dwarves have such iconic and unique models in a theme I like.

Big "eh" to this release. To be fair though, I think the models are all really good so far.
    Your right. Its good the models look great but are they really worth £30 for 10? I'm sure you Aussies have it worse

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I had a glance at the pricing on the Hammerers and wasn't too surprised, they are identical in cost (Aussie here) to Witch Elves and Maiden Guard.
    As should be, all three are elite units with the same number of minis per box. Can you imagine the screaming if they were dearer or cheaper?

The two new dwarf heroes are really nice sculpts but ... £13.00 for one plastic humanoid sized mini!!!?
    That's in the same league as the Forge World dwarf command set ... can we expect to see a big FW price rise in the near future?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast