BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Ultramarines arming for war - Guilliman lives

Having done lots of crazy armies I thought I'd go as vanilla as possible for my next one and see if I could still make it interesting. Hence, Ultramarines.

I'm going to do them arming up on their ship rather than in battle poses. Might look odd in game but 95% of the time is spent on the shelf so I am OK with that.

Here is the Primarch (he err.. just spontaneously woke up cos I said so) giving a speech before going into battle. If I get time I may complete a scenic base forgeworld style to complete that walkway.

And some centurions

Librarian

Wow. Sweet models. Love those centurions
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Very cool!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Chapter-Master

I was going to say something slightly snarky about the theme of "we aren't fighting we're getting ready to fight" theme you've got going on, and the Ultramarines, and how they are pretty rather than effective... but I changed my mind. It's actually kind of neat. And the paint job itself is amazing.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

What a great idea and so well executed too. Looking forward to seeing how this army progresses.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Honor and Courage! The first of the Primarchs Awakens...I knew He would when I saw His wounds healing, even in his Stasis Field! Hope His brother, Russ, reappears from his Quest in the Warp and we see the Wolves as We know the 13th Company, Lost for 10,000 Years in the Warp with Him, has returned to Fenris!! WONDERFUL Job and GREAT depiction of the Son of Ultramar!!

really love what youv done there keep posting picks of your progress please.

Battle-Brother

what was used for the statue? was it sculpted or bought....regardless it looks interesting

Statue is from the cauldron of blood.

Scavenging enough non-action parts and coming up with interesting poses is more challenging than I thought so progress is slow.

For now here are a couple more conversions:

A sergeant with Combi-melta and Tigurius meditating. I've tried to keep elements from the original Tigurius model in my version.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast