BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

correct, thats what I have said in the remainder of my post..........

Chapter-Master

This needs to be in the corporate section, where, there are already similar conversations taking place.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Sergeant

Really!! We are talking about price.....

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    GW could reduce (some) prices slightly, and raise other prices to "rebalance" things.

But a significant, wholesale reduction? Nope.

Besides, last year, GW's gross margin improved, so there's not that much need to convert back to a higher volume & lower unit profit model.
    I'd quite like to think I will see 40p per share, that's why.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Just as much as anybody, I want to see GW drop it's prices, but I'm not sure how viable it would be. However, dropping prices wholesale isn't the only option GW has. They could always have discounts at certain times of the year say Christmas or store birthday sales. Or how about bundle deals such as buy three or more boxes of the same army in store and get a discount on the whole deal or at least on the cheapest box. These methods are used by any other regular retail store in the world, why can't GW adopt them too? This could solve a lot of problems for GW as customers would feel that they are, at least some of the time, not being ripped off and might even bring back customers.

Occuli Imperator

Off to Corporate Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTycho View Post
    These methods are used by any other regular retail store in the world, why can't GW adopt them too?
    While generally yes, lots of retail stores do this, however, those sorts of stores have a customer base of the whole population. But consider things which market themselves as premium goods, the high end clothes stores near me never have a sale, Armini discount suit anyone? Nor the Tag shop, or some of the more esoteric shops. That is why. For GW there is no competition, now people cry out and point to mantic or what have you and while there are pockets of players no where near the number as GW's core range.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Can they? Sure. But it won't be as you imagine - they aren't just some single shop retailer that can go "-20% off everything!!" and worry about the margins later. They are producers as well, whose prices are composited from a multitude of costs with some being fixed. The price drops, if any, we might see will take the form of bundle SKUs like the new tyranid brood boxes which take the prexisting sprues and offer a bulk discount.

Quote Originally Posted by GravesDisease View Post
    Can they? Sure. But it won't be as you imagine - they aren't just some single shop retailer that can go "-20% off everything!!" and worry about the margins later. They are producers as well, whose prices are composited from a multitude of costs with some being fixed. The price drops, if any, we might see will take the form of bundle SKUs like the new tyranid brood boxes which take the prexisting sprues and offer a bulk discount.
    Yep. This.

You can cut prices without actually cutting prices. Offer deals. Illusion of value, and people buy more than they might necessarily need.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yep. This.

You can cut prices without actually cutting prices. Offer deals. Illusion of value, and people buy more than they might necessarily need.
    Like the supermarkets, buy two save 0 deals
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

I've said it before, money off vouchers that are within the WD or Visions Magazine. Easy enough and encourages the sales of the mags as well.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast