BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Codex Inquisition with Inquisitorial detachment?

Im rebuilding my Planetary defense force which I previously used Codex Daemon hunters for (army of henchmen)

Can I use the codex Inquisition as a primary and Add an inquisitorial Detachment to it (led by Counts as corteas to make second group Score as well) for a total of 6 henchmen squads?
    OR
    Do can I only take Inquisition primary with allied Inquisition only giving myself 4 scoring elites choices?

I think Codex: Daemon hunters was replaced by Codex: Grey Knights. You can use Grey Knights as primary detachment and add a Inquisitorial detachment. You can also use two Inquisitorial detachments in the same army if you wish, but one must be the army’s primary detachment. You could than use Codex: Grey Knights as allies. ... that is like 3 Coteazs

-Unwashed

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    I think Codex: Daemon hunters was replaced by Codex: Grey Knights. You can use Grey Knights as primary detachment and add a Inquisitorial detachment. You can also use two Inquisitorial detachments in the same army if you wish, but one must be the army’s primary detachment. You could than use Codex: Grey Knights as allies. ... that is like 3 Coteazs

-Unwashed
    Coteaz is unique and you cannot include more then one in your army(rule states army not detachment)
    So to get the most out if scouring units you are best using Codex: Grey Knights. With Coteaz As your HQ, and Six Warbands as troops, the a Inquisition Ally for three more. Or even a guard ally for a count as PDF force.

Don't forget if you are playing over 2000 points you can double the force chart too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    Coteaz is unique and you cannot include more then one in your army(rule states army not detachment)
    So to get the most out if scouring units you are best using Codex: Grey Knights. With Coteaz As your HQ, and Six Warbands as troops, the a Inquisition Ally for three more. Or even a guard ally for a count as PDF force.

Don't forget if you are playing over 2000 points you can double the force chart too.
    As henchmen warbands are only scoring in a primary Inquisitorial detachment, it would be best to have Inquisitorial primary, with GK allies led by Coteaz for more scoring henchmen, and another Inquisitorial detachment for more, non-scoring (expendable?) henchmen. Either way Coteaz has to be in the GK detachment if you want an all henchman army with no GKs.

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    You can also use two Inquisitorial detachments in the same army if you wish, but one must be the army’s primary detachment.
    -Unwashed
    This pretty much answered my question. Good to know on the rest of it, Huzahh!
    I meant Codex Grey knights :P I cant belive I forgot about that.

Ill Probably just stick to a main Inquisition force with attached Inquisitorial Attachment led by corteas for 6 scoring units, if I have to ally it will be to my Salamanders.

If you take Codex Inquisition as your primary detachment then I don't believe you're allowed to take a second special Inq detachment....as it's normally forbidden to ally with ones own codex. It is possible to include an allied Inq detachment from Codex GK as allies.

If you could then his would allow for a Maximum 5 Inquisitors.....
    2 Primary detachment
    2 Inq detachment
    1 Allied GK Inq (Coteaz)

And 7 IHW, 3 Primary scoring elites, 3 Inq non-scoring IHW elites and 1 elite or 2 troops with Coteaz

BUT...as I don't think you can ally from the same codex (other than codex:SM with different chapter tactics!)

This means you're limited to 3 or 4 Inquisitors:

2 from primary Codex:Inq, 1 from allied GK
    or
    2 from primary Codex:GK and 2 from allied Inq detachment

However this does get slightly complicated....Coteaz makes ALL IHW in the ARMY Troops, FAQ says they are no longer elites and take up a Troops force org slot, so a max of 6 as GK primary or 2 IHW troops with GK as allies.

The interesting un-FAQ'd thing is Coteaz makes all IHW Troops in your ARMY Troops, if you take Inq primary they have no Troop slots as they must use the special 2x HQ 3x Elite force org chart, so I could see it argued as they don't have troop slots they can't take any IHW?!?

Without Coteaz your 3 IHW Elite slots from Codex: Inq are scoring, but it's not clear whether any allied Elite GK IHW are also scoring as neither does the comment specify that the benefit is ARMY wide or if only applies to the primary Codex: Inq Elite IHW....it just says they are...so you could have 4 scoring Elite IHW as RAW.

It's interesting...

From this I'd say select Coteaz as your Primary from Codex: GK this gives you 6 Troop slots to fill up IHW. Whether people let you ally in a further 3 (up to 9) as scoring troop choices or say you can't pick them as they are now troops is for interesting debate for which the FAQ is wanting....

Taking Codex: Inq as primary would allow for a max of 5 scoring with two allied GK IHW Troop choices......provided the Coteaz deal is fixed....otherwise it could be argued you're only allowed 2x allied Troop slot IHW....

GK Coteaz primary does open up to 3x Storm Ravens and elite slots for Clade Assassins......Codex Inq, get an inferior flyer and no assassins.....

Therefore Coteaz is the only guaranteed way to get >3 scoring IHW without arguments, however >6 IHW is arguable.....

Of course if you take Coteaz in your Inq detachment you lose the "In your ARMY" stipulation, this is replaced with "in the same detachment....". This would mean that Coteaz's 3 Elite IHW are scoring, regardless of whether they're taken as primary or as allies, but if in an allied Inq then there's no way to make the GK primary scoring as he's a unique character......oh boy....

I have a head ache now.....
    Last edited by Blood Shadow; 02-04-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

@_@ well thank you for that!
    But in the inquisitions allies matrix unlike others whos own factions are blotted out they are battle brothers with the Codex Inquisition.
    So I think it may be legal
    But then again That is why I posted the question up here. Not 100% :P
    Last edited by Semaj14; 02-04-2014 at 08:25 PM.

I know it's confusing, in the 6th Ed codex it states it's forbidden, no where in codex: Inq does it say the rule is no longer relevant. I've no idea if the Battle Bros chart is enough to win people over... it simply implies they are battle brothers to other =][=...

If Primary detachment is:

1) Inq you can have 3x scoring IHW

2) GK you need Coteaz to have 6x scoring IHW

That's clear...

If allied:

1) Inq need Coteaz for IHW to be scoring

2) GK you need Coteaz for IHW to be scoring, but he may cause any Inq allied IHW to bwcome illegal.
    Last edited by Blood Shadow; 02-05-2014 at 01:12 AM.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj14 View Post
    Im rebuilding my Planetary defense force which I previously used Codex Daemon hunters for (army of henchmen)

Can I use the codex Inquisition as a primary and Add an inquisitorial Detachment to it (led by Counts as corteas to make second group Score as well) for a total of 6 henchmen squads?
    OR
    Do can I only take Inquisition primary with allied Inquisition only giving myself 4 scoring elites choices?
    I believe your first option is correct. This part of the book is as clear as mud. The battle brother part seems to indicate you can join two lots of inquisitor org charts together. Though the option of using coteaz in grey knights to crate a list

2 inq charts pro more inquiz, useful priests, loads of transport option. Con no assassins, more reastrictive weapons (power swords not power weapons)
    Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast