BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I must say im really digging all the buffs the priests from codex inquisition doll out to their squads . Which is why already incorperating one in every squad just got a bit sweeter, and why id like to stay away from codex gk
    @ Blood Shadow
    But when would being battle brothers to your own codex matter if you couldnt ally?
    It also lists grey knights and adeptus sororitus... sob, so its not like they are talking about the other inquisition linked codexes there

Yeah, no where is Codex: Inquisition does it stste that you can add an Inquisitiorial Detachment to a Primary Detatchment from Codex: Inquisiton, in fact, the book states that there are two ways to use the Codex, as a Primary Detatchment OR as an Inquisitorial Detatchment, the impliction and indeed, the spirit of this, is that you can't do it, however, as perviously stated, you can either use Grey Knight allies with a Primary Detachement of Inquisitors or you can add an Inquisitorial Detachment to a Grey Knights Primary Detachment

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Yeah, no where is Codex: Inquisition does it stste that you can add an Inquisitiorial Detachment to a Primary Detatchment from Codex: Inquisiton, in fact, the book states that there are two ways to use the Codex, as a Primary Detatchment OR as an Inquisitorial Detatchment, the impliction and indeed, the spirit of this, is that you can't do it, however, as perviously stated, you can either use Grey Knight allies with a Primary Detachement of Inquisitors or you can add an Inquisitorial Detachment to a Grey Knights Primary Detachment
    "“You can include two Inquisitorial detachments in the same army if you wish, but one of these must be the army's primary detachment”

People really need to read what the codex says....

so what I want to do is totaly ok then right on.

But uh, Just to be clear what page is that bit on that says that exactly?
    Last edited by Semaj14; 02-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Chapter-Master

While this is kind of funny, there's really little point in bringing more than two Inquisitors. Coteaz, for double Divination, Acolytes, and reroll Seize, and a Xenos Inquisitor for another Divination power, Servo-skulls, and Rad/Psykotroke grenades. Beyond that, there's little reason to bring more.

Inquisitors are primarily force multipliers. Once you've grabbed your Servo-skulls, Acolytes, and force rerolls on Seize, everything else they do for you is taking a good unit and making it better. But you have to actually have a good unit to make better. Henchmen don't really work for that, they don't really pack the firepower to be worth buffing. And once you've taken a couple of powerful units for the Inquisitors to buff (e.g. Grey Knights), you're going to run out of points before it becomes worth taking five Inquisitors.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

We'll dark link may be right on the strictly competitive front, but a pure inquiz force is a challenge. Done right it can be a show stopping modeling /painting challenge. I have seen these forces at tournie snot in numbers but often voted as best looking

Still if you are going to invest in such a force then you will want it to work. On top of the 2 mentioned by dark link consider

Ordo Malanus warlord in terminator armour. Least useful warlord trait but only easy access to a invun save.

With nids synaps the anti psyker abilities of ordo heritic may be useful

Though priests mostly solve this issue inquisitor ld and stubborn solve the low ld of war bands. And all can be given divination easily.

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj14 View Post
    so what I want to do is totaly ok then right on.

But uh, Just to be clear what page is that bit on that says that exactly?
    I own the iPad Version.
    Chapter 6 'the emperor's will' On the forces of the inquisition page. End of 2nd paragraph of the 'including inquisitors in your army'

erm... well here is the army,
    1 Commissar (equerry from the imperium to over watch and make sure things are staying All nice and imperial)
    Counts as Xenos Inquisitor with rad/spyk grenades and a needle pistol and venom talon
    High Deacon Mortos der soul stealer w Stub Revolver and thunder hammer
    counts as Corteas
    4x squads of Promethian Cultists Armed with *Shotguns*
    (Counts as Storm bolters Because shotguns in the 40k universe can take bolter ammo)
    2with 3x meltas and 2 with 3x Flamers
    1x Squad of Promethian Cultists armed with *Autoguns armed with Depleted uranium rounds*
    (Counts as Hot shot lasguns) with 3x plasma
    All Promethian Cultist squads have priests with eviscerators
    All Promethian Cultist squads have Crusaders for Sgt except the Autogun squad whos sgt just also has an autogun
    and finaly a squad of battle psykers led by a bolter equiped overseer "Mr. T"
    He pities the heretic and guns them all down when they perils lol
    All Squads are mounted in chimeras with heavy flamer turrets.

And that's the army. Its not meant to win tournaments or anything.But Id like to take it to some because its always awesome seeing other nicely painted/ interestingly modeled armies. Its a planetary defense force that's having their mettle tested off planet so they will be able to defend nocturne from whatever horrors come their way while the salamanders are away.
    Even when I did take them using the grey knights army the only units I would ever use to support them would be dreadnoughts and now perhaps Storm ravens from the salamanders chapter.
    Its largely a fluffy and fun army. No one expects squishy humans to run into assault like these guys do. They make for fun stories. Especially when they come out on top.

Uh, a little off topic I suppose But what do you all make of the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    I own the iPad Version.
    Chapter 6 'the emperor's will' On the forces of the inquisition page. End of 2nd paragraph of the 'including inquisitors in your army'
    It's worth noting I've used the ebook version and I can't find any reference to this comment, so if someone with the ebook version knows where it is I'd appreciate it....

....As for who wants to run an army representing a conclave of Inquisitors....well I do!! And nobody expects anything less than a conclave of Inquisitors!!!!
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    If you take Codex Inquisition as your primary detachment then I don't believe you're allowed to take a second special Inq detachment....as it's normally forbidden to ally with ones own codex. It is possible to include an allied Inq detachment from Codex GK as allies.
    Codex: Inquisition under Including Inquisitors in your army, it explicitly says you can.

"When you choose an army, Inquisitors may be taken as a primary detachment or as a special form of allied detachment known as an Inquisitorial detachment."

"You can include two Inquisitorial detachments in the same army if you wish, but one of these must be the army’s primary detachment."

-Unwashed
    P.s I was totally joking about Coteazs yes he is a unique.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast