BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

I know it's hard to believe but a lot of the staff do visit forums, the GW area manager here where I live visited this forum from time to time. So I could imagine some one going maybe we should try talking to them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bradbury View Post
    Carl, because the internet!

Most people were belittling his salary - yet if he'd said he was on $50,000 a year they'd have been up-in-arms blaming high prices on his wages!

Do you? or do you mean on the original thread? As all I see here is three people giving some geographical perspective, and one belittling it.
    IDK about you. But I personally haven't got a clue what wages are like in the US.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Do you? or do you mean on the original thread? As all I see here is three people giving some geographical perspective, and one belittling it.
    IDK about you. But I personally haven't got a clue what wages are like in the US.
    No and you can't do a straight currency conversion as you need to figure out the "cost of living"[crisis]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

True. But I was trying to place his location based on a none united number.
    Suppose the +benefits probably gave it away anyway as you don't really generally get any in retail here do you?

Brother-Sergeant

Im sorry he has a problem with 'ebay armies'.

Not all of us have cash for regular purchases of full priced plastic crack. Thats the kind of attitude I honestly hate- sure, youre a business... but a larger player base is still better than a smaller one, ye d-bags.

Chapter-Master

As long as its all GW parts they've had their money for it somewhere along the supply chain haven't they?

Occuli Imperator

Unless they want to be like some platform developers that want a cut after each re-sell and prevent you giving stuff to your mates..
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I'm not sure the GW second hand market has your FLGS store offering you some second hand orks for a couple of quid cheaper than the new box when you get to the checkout...

Brother-Sergeant

Atleast hes absolutely right about the transparency.

If they just showed us why they actually do things, instead of only having armchair economists to listen to I might be more understanding. Im not sure I could actually buy more- only have so much money either way- but it would make me like them more, feel like they gave a damn.

Ok, so the guys pay, bonus and even his job (which he might lose if he doesn't hit sales targets) are linked to selling minautures, he has to sell models to make a living, and people coming in to his shop and demanding to play on his tables for free using his time when they haven't spent a penny in his shop and so taking up space and time he could dedicate to people who will actually spend money in the shop.

This is why he doesn't like eBay armies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast