BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Ok, so the guys pay, bonus and even his job (which he might lose if he doesn't hit sales targets) are linked to selling minautures, he has to sell models to make a living, and people coming in to his shop and demanding to play on his tables for free using his time when they haven't spent a penny in his shop and so taking up space and time he could dedicate to people who will actually spend money in the shop.

This is why he doesn't like eBay armies.
    Bingo.

Worst bit is, and in my experience this does happen, regular Ebayers coming in and bragging how much cheaper they got their stuff second hand, and trying to actively dissuade people from buying whilst in your store. They then get the right arse when you have a quiet word, explain the purpose of the shop, and request that they either keep their purchasing habits to themselves, or be banned.

After all, you wouldn't waltz into a nice restaurant and sit down with sombody else's leftovers, nor would you buy some cans of beer from the supermarket and drink them in a pub in full view of the landlord.

Same thing here.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

No thats fair enough, buying yourself, and loudly encouraging others to purchase are two different things.
    I'm not sure why'd you'd be playing in the GW store if you don't shop there? *shrugs*

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Because some people are just arses with inflated sense of entitlement. They feel that a GW store is there for them to do as they wish, and the selling side is just some inconvenience.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

A lot of people don't have anywhere else to play, or don't know anyone outside of the GW who will play with them, this hobby tends to attract certain folk who are, lets say, less than comfortable making friends, and so don't have a group of mates to play with, they want to play in the GW but don't have the grasp of social etiquette to keep quiet about their cheaper online purchases, every time I've played in a GW, i've always bought something, same as in a local place, I think GW should have tables open for games, but you have to pay spend a few quid each time you want to use them, every £5 of purchases gets you 2 hours on a table for that day, something like that, get people playing in the shop so it looks good and then get people buying stuff in the shop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234