BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Battle-Brother

Sorry if this is off subject but do u thing that if/when they update the blood angels codex "actual 6th ed. Hard back Not an FAQ update""saw that one coming" they will get something similar to vanilla marines. Having to choose a chapter tactic based around successor chapters, I think it would be a great idea
    Last edited by mikeramos; 02-07-2014 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Re wording

Occuli Imperator

In the forgeworld chapter tactics ([url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/B/FWchaptertactics-v2.pdf[/url]) it says that the lamenters just follow the standard BA rules, so I am not sure.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Battle-Brother

Yes true, but that doesn't mean it can't be changed cause if theirs one thing gw or FW are great at it's constantly changing lol

Occuli Imperator

Oh I know I was looking through those other FW chapter tactics thinking could these be changed to meet a sucessor.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I... hope we get some love for successors in the codex, but I don't expect it. We've already seen one chapter-specific codex - the Dark Angels codex - and they didn't pay any particular attention to their successors, except for the typical paint guides and fluff blurbs. With that as our model, I wouldn't count on getting anything more. The only reasons Codex Space (Ultra)Marines got all that stuff on various successors was because so many people use that codex to represent one of a huge number of less famous chapters, and they wanted to provide resources for that kind of play. Most Blood Angels players play... Blood Angels. Those few of us who play successors, well, we're pretty content with Blood Angels rules, because they're already stylish and apropos to the army we want to play.

Personally, I would be content with the option to take a "generic" chapter Master so I could pick a favorite build for the Master of the Knights of Blood. That single addition would be a great nod to those of us who play successors: "here's Dante, and here's Seth, and here's a page number reference for the master of the Lamenters (go buy a book, *hint hint*), and here's how to build your own chapter master if you want to play Knights of Blood or Angels Sanguine or whatever."
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123