BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What should be the fate of the Catachan Range?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep em - I Love John Rambo and the variety!

129 79.14%
  • Kill em - They are cartoons and I want more Cadians!

34 20.86%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Catachans: Should they Stay - Or Go?

A simple community poll today.

With IG coming up soon, people are starting to look at the range.

IG have always been odd with dual plastic ranges for both Cadians and Catachans - but the public opinion is wavering.

So shuld the Catachans stay and continue to fill out their range for variety's sake, or should they get the axe in favor of more Cadian units?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Needs a third option:

Forget 'em both I want the other Regiments in plastic.

Brother-Captain

They're cool, they just need the rest of the models to be like their much more recent command set.

Scout
    Indonesia, Jakarta, at Taman Sari VI street

@Anggul: Agree!

Imo, seems catachan are pretty cool, so i want to keep them

Aside the topic, me want some deathkorps in plastic XD
    Your luck is run out!

Quote Originally Posted by canadianromeo View Post
    Needs a third option:

Forget 'em both I want the other Regiments in plastic.
    This.

Though I do feel the Catachans are just too cartoony. If they didn't look like they ate a big bowl of steroids for breakfast I'd like them a lot more.

Catachan's should stay, my only problem is the main plastic box set which needs a serious update!
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

While I'm not a fan of them aesthetically, I do like the fact that they exist as an option, both in kits and in rules. I say leave them in... and add more of the old regiments back. I miss the variety and personalization you could get with the older ranges.

Battle-Brother

It's nice having something other than Cadians to model with. I use my Catachans as veterans in my IG detachment. But I also echo the sentiment of others on here- different regiments in plastic! That said, I understand that this is a big investment on the part of GW for very little outcome. What other regiment will sell well enough to convert to a full plastic range? Valhallans? Tallarn? Death Korps? And how well would that range/those ranges sell? At least with Space Marines you can differentiate the with just a paint job and a couple of bitz. It's hard to make a Cadian or a Catachan look like anything other than a Cadian or a Catachan.

They are awful.
    Suppliment at best. Since when did an entire SUB faction of an army get an entire line of minis? It is a failed leftover from their codex, there are much more interesting subfactions that do NOT have minis, bits, nadda. Each guard dex has a new faction this one should be the same.

Keep them. I love Guerilla jungle fighters. Not to mention if the catachan line was resculpted, having access to bare arms, alternate heads/legs would be things that cadian players would be happy about.

I just feel that the first plastic models were never scaled properly for 40k (Waaaayyy to heroic scale, not to mention the goofy faces on 60% of the sprue). If they were more true scale and less heroic scale I could see a strong increase in popularity.

As a catachan player for the last 16 years i'd love to see them get re-sculpts that work better with the current mini line. That or forgeworld could give them love with an upgrade pack.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast