BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Across the Dead Earth - Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Warfare Kickstarter 01-03-14

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1502708_639458352777282_761849398_o.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	7176

Across the Dead Earth is a fast paced and exciting skirmish wargame set 3 generations after "The Last War". In it, players control persistent, upgradeable Gangs through campaigns to fight, scavenge loot and controil territory. The rules are in the last stage of beta testing and we have 3 miniatures sculpted so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crimson sculpt 1.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	7177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reggiesculpt6.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	7178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatboy!.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	7179

The Kickstarter campaign is to raise the funds for the 9 more characters and the printing of the rules in softcover to make up our starter set. We have a website over at [url]www.deadearth.co.uk[/url] wherre you'll find some background, some fiction and some concept art and there's frequent updates on our facebook page facebook.com/acrossthedeadearth including two beta test battle reps from our playtesters.

If this is Necromunda meets Fallout then consider me sold

Brother-Sergeant

This certainly seems interesting, what about customized gangs? Maybe rules for vehicles like motorcycles, weaponized cars and transport cars? I'd love to see this take off!
    "Even the servants of the great enemy fear the crushing depths of our lair." - Jathalon Tidefury

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    If this is Necromunda meets Fallout then consider me sold
    I've never played Necromunda, but several of the playtesters have said there are similarities, especially with the campaign element and the upgradeable Gangs between battles. As for Fallout, I would say that although there are now numerous differences in the setting, Fallout was my biggest influence in wanting to create this game :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter Master Jake View Post
    This certainly seems interesting, what about customized gangs? Maybe rules for vehicles like motorcycles, weaponized cars and transport cars? I'd love to see this take off!
    Characters and Gangs are completely customisable - you can take our ideas and modify them or start pretty much from scratch, or create a character around a figure you already have. I think most cars are stuck in 70 year+ jams but we'll be adding bikes and a biker Gang at some point assuming this gets off the ground! You know what to do to help that happen!

Really interested in this, especially if you keep up a decent gender ratio. +1 for the sensibly dressed woman on the artwork.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Really interested in this, especially if you keep up a decent gender ratio. +1 for the sensibly dressed woman on the artwork.
    In the starter set there will be 3 female characters from a total of 12, that ratio would actually increase if we get as far as sculpting some other Gangs we have planned. The different gangs often have a clothing theme or similarities, so whilst some characters will not be sensibly dressed, I wouldn't dress a female character differently to their male comrades.

Ruins of a destroyed Tesco made me so happy. So happy.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Gender ratio for the starter set is 9/3 but this will change each time a faction/Gang gets released. I have an all female one written and there's others which will be mixed in different ratios...

Women will not be dressed in any way I wouldn't dress a man.

Cap'nSmurfs - disgruntled employee?

all sounds very promising, Necromunda was just 2nd Edition 40K but with customisable and upgradeable gangs and a campagin system, so yeah, you're there!

Post Apoc skirmish wargame with a campaign system set in the ruins of the british isles that treats women as equals rather than pin ups, well, you're doing well at targetting me specifically!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast