BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Eh, it gives a lot of life to Transformers, and I like a lot of the visual design going into it (Crosshairs' coat, or Prime's arm blades come to mind). While the final product doesn't appeal to me that much, I still view it as a valuable part of the franchise.

I'd imagine it is a lot like GWs LOTR, lots of money coming in to spend on more important things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I'm rereading Dark Cybertron and I think I can sum up my affection for Chromia as follows. She is in a total of five panels before she starts solving problems with kicks to the head. It's glorious.
    You will like her in Windblade too then.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

If they ever did a 13 Assassins with Transformers she'd be Shinzaemon.

I don't know who that is but it sounds impressive. Really looking forward to her toy in September. Windblade in August, happy times.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'd imagine that would be pretty loud...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I'd imagine that would be pretty loud...
    Bump and Angle Grind?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

"Eroticons, combine to form: Dilderator!"

Brother-Captain

The mortal mind was not meant for such horrors. [url]http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Reproduction[/url]

At first, I was pretty lukewarm about the literal "men are from mars, women are from venus" approach IDW was taking to introducing female 'bots to IDW-transformers (not talking about Arcee right now), but I really like how it was used in Windblade. The frequent barbs about being "alien" made a lot of the tensions work well when considering the gendered approach (i.e., these are two women in a male-dominated society), but work just as well from a "they're just robots" approach (i.e. purely in-story perspective, in denial about artwork as a social construct).

Plus, Waspinator was adorable, and there was a cutaway illustration of the first two transformers I owned as a kid :3
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 07-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast