BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Apparently the female option is well ahead but I can't check it to confirm. Yay if so.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

From [URL="http://tfwiki.tumblr.com/post/112170089613/if-someone-asks-why-we-need-more-diverse"]TFWIKI[/URL] Also going beyond G1 and the 80s only around 10% of speaking roles in Transformers have been women and around 6% of total characters.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

And yet without hearing voices, would you know if any of those Gobots were female?

What if all the "males" in Transformers were actually female and there was just a translation error?

That actually has happened in a few sci-fi stories. In the Emperor of Man series starting with March Upcountry the egg-carrying females were misidentified as male because they had very generously proportioned ovipositors in the same place as human males and the males were brooders just like sea horses.

That's the the thing though, Gobots were even more genderless in design than Transformers and they still avoided the male by default thing.

That would be great, but it isn't the case. They have been referred to with gendered pronouns since the beginning, so they are male. There have been ladybots since the beginning too.

Banned

Also even stupider when you consider the Gobots are actually cyborgs created from a humanoid race so actually had gender beforehand but still made themselves less gendered than the totally robot people.

Yup.

[URL="http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2015/02/27/windblade-returns-in-transformers-combiner-wars/"]Nice interview with Mairghread Scott and John Barber of IDW comics about Combiner Wars [/URL].

Chaplain

Ok so they list in that interview 4 combiners, Monstructor, Devastator, Menasor, and Superion. Superion is the Airelbots, and Devastator is the Constructacons. I think that Menasor was the car one, but Monstrutor? Who's he? Oh, and today I saw the main body guy for Superion, and the 'funny' thing was Prime was right next to him listed as the main body part the Superion group. Did I miss something, or am I more out of the loop then I first thought?

Banned

Well, TFWiki has [URL="http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Monstructor_%28G1%29"]Monstructor[/URL] a Pretender Combiner.

Pretenders. The weirdest and most pointless idea they ever came up with, in my opinion.

Brother-Captain

Ooo, oooo, in the IDW comics Monstructor is a horrifying abomination disgusting enough to get Omega Supreme to stand up and say "Aw hells Nova Prime, I thought you were cool." He was the first attempt at making a combiner after they lost the wisdom of the ancients so he's basically a bunch of lobotomized dudes with super violent tendencies that make a giant Frankenstein other Transformers know is just anathema by proximity. In all their history of weird horrific experimentation Monstructor still stands out as a cautionary tale. It's kind of important when Megatron requests Devastator be made as to where his mind was and how dire he saw the situation surrounding his rebellion.
    Seriously, IDW just does the best stuff with their license books.

Three or four days until the first Combiner Wars issue goes on sale. *flails*

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast