BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Default Transformers

Discuss Transformers! DO IT NOW!

I'll start:

I've been a Transformers fan since I was three or something and grew up watching and re-watching the G1 cartoons and the film. I skipped Beast Wars because I didn't like it but got hooked on the recent Transformers Prime after someone on BoLS recommended it (I forgot who, sorry!). Started getting more interested in the comics after they announced a bunch of new female transformers were being added.

I have a respectable collection of G1 Transformers and between my brothers we have most of the English releases I think. I've only bought a few of the more modern toys, most notably:

I'm hoping they make a Titan class Trypticon.

Also:

*squee*
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Me Grimlock, me king.

I feel a Avatar change is needed in respect of the thread

Yep I was a massive fan of Transformers growing up. I think I was about 8 or 9 when they 1st came out and I was hooked immediately. 1st one I got for Christmas was Soundwave. I remember being a little disappointed thinking "what the hell" the the others turn into cars, trucks, guns and planes and this fellas a cassette deck ?
    Than bam the realisation that the cassettes transformed as well. Oh yes he became a firm favorite.

Obviously Optimus prime will always be a favorite as well as the proper Jazz which turned into a 911. My Dad was a big Jazz fan too, he had 911 at the time so obviously that helped. Then the Dinobots came along as well as the Constructicons and they were super awesome.

But my absolute favorite transformer is a little truck called Brawn. Compared to the rest he was very very small, but the strongest of them all. So very cool.

Good memories this thread brings back and I can't help feel sorry for the kids today where toy fads come into and out of favour so fast before they can get a real following. 31 years later and Autobots and Decepticons are still battling it out on our screens, in our homes and in our comics. Surely only Starwars rivals that kind of longevity in a brand ?

Last edited by Deadlift; 02-07-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Grimlok was awesome.
    As were the entire dinobots, did they combine to form a big dude? (yeah its been that long )

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Hehe I have Brawn. Soundwave is a favourite of mine also, tempted to get one of the updated Masterpiece range toys of him for lulz. Needless to say who my favourite Transformer was though:

Star Wars probably, GI Joe and, well, Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Grimlok was awesome.
    As were the entire dinobots, did they combine to form a big dude? (yeah its been that long )
    No they didn't. I do love the combiners, still have most of the G1 ones though. Missing some of the planes for Superion though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Who did make the autobots combined transformer then?

The Protectobots formed Defensor and the Aerialbots formed Superion. Oh and the Technobots formed Computron. The Decepticons seemed to have more for some reason. Devastator, Predaking, Bruticus and Abominus.

Threaaad.I was a Beast Wars kid, although I've now picked up a fair few of the teeny-tiny Prime toys - they're well displayed on my flatmate's Dalek cupcake stand, although it's been tempting to get them a Metroplex to hang out on :P Still, that might make the whole affair too tough to transport.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Threaaad.I was a Beast Wars kid
    Out.

Pfft. Beast Wars didddd kinda start the tradition of having a tight cast of more developed characters, rather than a larger, less explored cast.

And it had a velociraptor who couldn't stop quoting Hamlet! I don't know what else people could possibly want from a show!

Chapter-Master

G1?

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast