BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

He'll be a few inches shorter than Titan class Metroplex who was a few inches taller than Fortress Maximus, so roughly the same size I guess?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

:Nerd hat on: Fortress Maximus as a combiner depends on continuity, but let's just talk about dudes anchored on the first toy. In the US cartoon Fort Max is a city controlled by a robot (Cerebros) who bianary bonded with Spike who lives in his (Cerebros's) head. Since he's two guys and a transforming giant city body that's totally a combinder.
    But, in the Japanese Head Masters cartoon the parts we'd call Fortress Maximus's City and Cerebros are just robot bodies, only the part we'd call Spike is an actual dude. Planet Master is just chock full of these little robots and they know there are violent big robots out there so they build sweet robot bodies for fighting other big robots. Fortress Maximus is just one guys super huge robot body that he needs another robot body to control. Like the Nemesis Dreadknight I'd argue that's not a combiner so much as a dressing in layers.
    :takes off nerd hat:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    :Nerd hat on: Fortress Maximus as a combiner depends on continuity, but let's just talk about dudes anchored on the first toy. In the US cartoon Fort Max is a city controlled by a robot (Cerebros) who bianary bonded with Spike who lives in his (Cerebros's) head. Since he's two guys and a transforming giant city body that's totally a combinder.
    But, in the Japanese Head Masters cartoon the parts we'd call Fortress Maximus's City and Cerebros are just robot bodies, only the part we'd call Spike is an actual dude. Planet Master is just chock full of these little robots and they know there are violent big robots out there so they build sweet robot bodies for fighting other big robots. Fortress Maximus is just one guys super huge robot body that he needs another robot body to control. Like the Nemesis Dreadknight I'd argue that's not a combiner so much as a dressing in layers.
    :takes off nerd hat:
    I would also say the story laced in the toy lines also qualify as an option, at least here in the US. The Headmasters (of which FM was a member of), were still the robot transformers in their non-humanoid state, just another humanoid was their head, much like the cartoon version. The Marvel version also was used the same.

Oddly enough, the first Headmasters could have their chest stats changed depending on who the head was, but the second generation kept the stats in parallel when a different head was attached.

Stuff from Toy Fair:

Combiner Wars Voyager class Cyclonus:

Leader class Ultra Magnus:

Combiner Wars Protectobots and Defensor:

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Combiner Wars Titan class Devastator:

Crotch shot, hur.

Banned

Scale shot:

Wow!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I had the original Devastator, was so cool
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Wot, no big danglyballs?

I am disappoint.

No. Not really
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Devastator is 18 inches tall so four inches shorter than new Metroplex, two shorter than old Fortress Maximus.

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast