BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

First-Captain

So I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that I am a Transformers fan.
    If it is a surprise...then you are no fan at all

I was 5 when transformers hit over here...and it was awesome!
    It was hands down my favourite toy as a kid...and now. This love has stayed with me for 30 years.

I am a collector of the vintage G1 stuff. G2 and action masters at a push. I don't go in for the new stuff at all I'm afraid. some of the toys are awesome and the masterpiece stuff is epic but I have limited myself to old school only.

My boxed collection is pretty respectable and my carded collection is getting better. I don't really buy loose stuff any more as I have nearly everything I want loose. I am trying to get hold of more of the pre hasbro diaclone stuff.

I don't know if anyone goes to the London comic cons and winter comic-cons but I have had a stall there for the last 8 years or so selling Transformers, Star Wars, Mask, Thundercats etc. I have just bought a wodge of Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja turtles to put up for sale at this years event

I'm really looking forward to the new Michael Bay film. I've really enjoyed the first 3. I know they aren't epic, but I really like them.

I love Transformers

Banned

There is a (terrible, really really terrible) comic where the Dinobots form a combiner called "The Beast Within". It is best left unread, though [URL="http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Beast_Within"]the TFwiki has a good summary of it[/URL]:

Errors:
    This comic was produced.
    I've read it. It's true >.<

My love is for TFs who turn into realistic looking things. Love the cassettebots (got most of them save the combiners including the recentish Japanese exclusives) and Alternators / MP line. Though not really actively collecting any more due to space restrictions.

Still have my first transformer, Huffer, on a shelf - not getting rid of him any time soon.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post

Still have my first transformer, Huffer, on a shelf - not getting rid of him any time soon.
    Mine was Gears

I started out with this fella (Tripredacus), painful pile of balljoints that he is;
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 02-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.

First-Captain

Is that the original Metroplex toy. It looks like it have more sticker detail than the one I had, I had the original.

Looking at the toy it reminded of this video about how to transform jetfire/ skyfire. What was funny about the video he was upset about the third transformation, gerawalk mode, and the fact the toy didn't look like the cartoon.

Yet at the same time he realized the difference in names was do to legal rights, but he couldn't figure out that if the lawsuit happened afterwards that the toy and cartoon character would be the same.

Also transformers are micromasters and other toys thrown in together.

I am a big jetfire/ skyfire fan probaly due to me being a big Robotech fan as well.

I think my favorite character was Shockwaves from the comic. He is the only transformer to beat the dinobots to a stand still, defeated all the deceptions and autobots at once, and defeated Megatron on several occasions. Only time I seen Shockwave soundly defeated, was luck related, was when Metroplex took him out and Shockwave fell to earthen orbit, which he survived.

Best fight ever is dinobots vs Shockwave in I think DreamWorks where Shockwave gave in to anger and defeated the dinobots, before he got buried himself.

Chapter-Master

My wee boy is a massive fan of the original series. Which is good. I got him a cheap original Hot Rod off the ebay and was popular for a week. The new transformers, I cannot work out though - they are massively hard to transform.

Next purchase - the tank/train/shuttle decepticon, and Rodimus Prime.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Is that the original Metroplex toy. It looks like it have more sticker detail than the one I had, I had the original.
    No it's the new Generations Titan class Metroplex released last year.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    The new transformers, I cannot work out though - they are massively hard to transform.
    Just a heads-up, but the designers have released a statement that current ones are too complicated, and newer stuff's focusing more on "simple, but fun". The stuff for the movie coming up this year's supposed to be focused on that. Then again, sticking to the nostalgia-trip toys makes it fun for father and son!

First-Captain

Ah transformers how I remember you fondly, I used to get the comics during the late 80's very early 90's, here in the UK we got even more stories then the US version did, though many of the extra comics were in B&W....

I remember when I first started watching it as well, it was the only reason I EVER tolorated Timmy Mallet....

Beast Wars is'nt as bad as most poeple think it is, the stories were much tighter then the stories in the original series, mind you G2 had been previously released and that was a steam pile by all accounts, I'm glad I never have seen any of that series... the first issue of the G2 comic was bad enough.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Just a heads-up, but the designers have released a statement that current ones are too complicated, and newer stuff's focusing more on "simple, but fun". The stuff for the movie coming up this year's supposed to be focused on that. Then again, sticking to the nostalgia-trip toys makes it fun for father and son!
    Thanks for that Rev good news.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast