BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

There is a video of the first of the new simplified transformation bots:

They might just be for the movie tie in ranges and some of the other ranges, not all of them. Speaking of ranges if you haven't been following the Transformers toys avidly you might not be aware of the Masterpiece range. The principle behind it is 'What if G1 toys were made to the highest standard today' so for Starscream you have his G1 toy:

Turned into this:

Not cheap though, they seem to range from 60-250USD depending on the size.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I've got the Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime one, and used to have Grimlock.

They're awesome!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I've been a fan for years, and just like every other fan there are parts I enjoyed and parts I didn't, but you always get some neat toys so I never saw much point in complaining about it. Animated was the most fun I had with the franchise in ages and I think I bought at least one toy of each character and any variant that was onscreen that got a US release. I almost got multiple Breakdowns for the various arms, but even I have my limits. I had a hard time getting behind Prime since the Autobots were just killing dudes left and right while the Decepticons killed one Autobot in the pilot and later Clancy Brown.
    So, if anyone's reading the IDW comic are lady transformers still one of Jhiaxus's projects or did they get another explanation? As much fun as Arcee was at first having every ladybot be a 'girls be crazy' trope seemed grimace inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    As much fun as Arcee was at first having every ladybot be a 'girls be crazy' trope seemed grimace inducing.
    Their backstory hasn't been revealed yet, but according to the writer and the story thus far; a) their gender will be addressed and b) it's being written with a more progressive viewpoint in mind (so, not mad-science).
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 02-08-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Three new lady bots have been revealed recently: Windblade, Nautica and Chromia (not new exactly) so Arcee is no longer the only one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The three new ladybots:

Windblade at the top, Nautica and Chromia at the bottom. Windblade is getting a figure sometime this year, possibly going to be revealed at some toy fair in a week or so. Chromia is getting a figure [URL="http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23637&mode=retail"]along with Arcee in March[/URL], no pictures available. Nautica getting a figure is wishlisting at the moment.

I think Nautica is probably my favourite design of the three, though they are all great. Windblade is gorgeous.

First-Captain

I like IDW's Transformers comics, what few I have managed to read, but my main critisism for the early ones they put out was that they kept making them as mini series which had to be read in a certain order for you to understand what was going on, which I didn't realise when I borrowed a couple of the Graphic Novels from the Libarary.

I wish I could afford the collected editions that IDW put out a couple of years ago before the fixed series started which had all of the previous releases all in chronological order....

as a side note I recommend their G.I.Joe comics as well.... and that ending of their first volumes....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You know it is apparently canon that G1 and MLP are in the same universe?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I thought you'd like that.

Chapter-Master

Can't wait for that episode

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast