BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 755 of 773 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757765 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 7723
    Chapter-Master

house prices are pretty high over here by and large. not quite London high, but usually not that far off. because the island is so small as well, you don't really get cheaper areas to live. it can often be the opposite way round to England as well, where being outside of a town actually puts prices up, because you are still only no more than half an hour away from the city, whilst having the benefits of space etc.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

House prices get really weird here. Some mountain areas like Wyoming have super high prices even though you are literally in the middle of nowhere. Our home state of West Virginia is a pricing anomaly. You are so-so close to a lot of major metros on the East coast but near nothing... reminds me of the Jack of All trades saying. Still 100 acres with a 2500 square foot house will probably run ~$500k. It is actually quite expensive to build your own road into a property that large and mountains are notoriously costly to work with. At the end of the day the heightened privacy supports the price tag.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Occuli Imperator

apparently though I can't cycle across the water so that plan is doomed to fail unless I work from home...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

water cycling is quite tricky
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    apparently though I can't cycle across the water so that plan is doomed to fail unless I work from home...
    No worries mate! A solution is right here:

My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Occuli Imperator

Back of an envelope calculation says I should be fine, I won't be aquaplaneing until like I hit 90mph so that is fine
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Urgh. I think I'm coming down with something....

Lemsip doesn't seem to be helping either. This is rubbish.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

If it makes you feel any better I am in fine fettle.

I usually am - very rarely get ill.

Blech. Will see how it goes - might take tomorrow off, as I tend to do better in the long run when I can spend a day properly sweating it out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Rather you than me Mystery

But at least it should be gone in time for the serious merry making.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness