BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 714 of 773 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 7723
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yeah there was a review of it in the Daily Telegraph of all places, so I thought it must be pretty mainstream. the review went on about how extreme it was but I thought, in the national newspaper, can't be that bad. watched it. pretty tedious really. poor animation, bad voicing, bad plot.
    I know, it makes Angel Cop look watchable
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Iron Father

Anything by Studio Ghibli is fine by us. The Cat returns ? I think it's called is our favorite. I too wrote off all Animi until I realised it wasn't an actual genre.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

Cat Returns is my daughter's favourite, and one of mine. Was watching it with some friends, one of whom is a vet (so she loved it) and then when The Baron appeared she was "it's Westley!" and then when Haru said "I think I've got a bit of a crush on you, Barpn" she said "me too" lol

And though it's Studio Ghibli be careful with Grave of the Fireflies. It is an amazing, wonderful film but probably the saddest film I've ever seen.

And if the trailer's music is any indication When Marnie Was There will leave me a sobbing mess:

Last edited by Gotthammer; 10-25-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Chapter-Master

yes, Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest thing you will ever see. I warned friends of mine they would cry when they watched it, they thought I was exaggerating. oh no...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Banned

It's worse when you think of how it's almost entirely a true story.

Chaplain

It's worse when you miss the first few minutes, so you surprised by the ending.

Iron Father

yes, Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest thing you will ever see. I warned friends of mine they would cry when they watched it, they thought I was exaggerating. oh no...
    I've avoided that because of what you and others previously said. Not into tear jerkers. Especially when it's kids involved.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

It's so sad that it's one of two movies that I've vowed to never watch again (and that aren't plain bad)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I've avoided that because of what you and others previously said. Not into tear jerkers. Especially when it's kids involved.
    I actually highly recommend it. It's tough, tough watching, and you need to be in the right headspace but like (also semi-[auto]biographical) films such as The Pianist or Boys Don't Cry I feel it is totally worth it. I wouldn't call it a tearjerker, it's more a film about selfishness than anything.

Chapter-Master

Sadder than Clannad?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.