BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 763 of 773 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 7723
    Chapter-Master

Believe it or not, when a grand jury spends nearly a full month interviewing over 60 witnesses and all the physical evidence the can find and release a detailed 4,800 page document containing all the testimonies and evidence, they generally don't reverse their decision due to a few politically motivated tweets.

That said, this was only one of several investigations. The FBI is independently investigation this as a civil rights case, and the local prosecutor has nothing to do with that one.

(Language warning)
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    [url]http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/us/ferguson-missouri-town-under-siege-after-police-shooting.html?_r=1[/url]
    11:54 a.m. Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson leave Ferguson Market and Liquor. Surveillance video shows Mr. Brown stealing some cigarillos. They walk along West Florissant Avenue and then in the middle of the street on Canfield Drive.
    False. The owner of the store has said that while he did argue with Mike Brown over some cigarillos they were not stolen, Brown paid for them, [URL="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/18/1322560/-Ferguson-Store-Owner-Says-NO-ONE-From-His-Store-Called-Cops-To-Report-Cigar-Theft"]and he never called the police[/URL].

Which makes this:

He sees that Mr. Brown fits the description of a suspect in a convenience store theft.
    A complete lie. In fact the Ferguson police chief retracted his statement Wilson knew of the theft (which didn't actually happen) and said the traffic stop was because "they were walking down the street blocking traffic".

Chapter-Master

You also seem to think the medical records don't show that Wilson had been struck, or know anything about the actual timeline of events based on the physical evidence. It's easy to be right when you believe only what you want to hear. I'm going to generally believe the NY Times over someone who pulls their opinions from heavily biased sources and who made up their mind on guilty long before seeing any evidence. You want to convince anyone? Don't quote some random person's snarky tweet. Make the effort to read the grand jury document and explain, in great detail, using verifiable sources that are as unbiased as possible.

Edit: though I think you are correct that they didnt call 911 at the store and wilson had no knowledge of the robbery. So that is one minor error. The grand scheme of events in that article is pretty strongly backed up by the physical evidence and several eye witness testimonies.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 11-27-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

This case doesn't bother me as bad as the guy the police shot and killed in the Wal-Mart here in Ohio or the 12 year old that was shot and killed in Cleveland. Both of these were on video and in both cases the official police report does not match the video evidence. And no big surprise... nothing happened in either case. Plus I'm still plenty pissed that the idiots in Washington are handing out military grade equipment like candy. Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to give Barney Fife a tank and an assault rifle?
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

That said, this was only one of several investigations. The FBI is independently investigation this as a civil rights case, and the local prosecutor has nothing to do with that one.
    I thought the FBI case was independent of a civil case?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    or the 12 year old that was shot and killed in Cleveland.
    Yeah I saw that one, pretty stupid all round if you ask me.

Shooting the poor kid was insane, but at the same time, that looked like a very realistic toy to me

EDIT: Wait, did any of you read anything from the evidence transcript?

just in case you missed it
    [url]http://www.nola.com/news/ferguson/ferguson-all-1.pdf[/url]

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I'm still plenty pissed that the idiots in Washington are handing out military grade equipment like candy. Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to give Barney Fife a tank and an assault rifle?
    yeah, that seems nuts, aren't sheriffs elected? who wants an elected official running around with that kind of hardware, seems like a good way to create fiefdoms
    Last edited by daboarder; 11-27-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Force Awakens trailer should be going up tomorrow.

I R EXCITE!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It's easy to be right when you believe only what you want to hear.
    hold on while I fetch you a nice pair of massive irony blinkers.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I thought the FBI case was independent of a civil case?

yeah, that seems nuts, aren't sheriffs elected? who wants an elected official running around with that kind of hardware, seems like a good way to create fiefdoms
    The federal civil rights violation investigation is a separate case for what it's worth. They are more for appeasing the masses until things calm down. And you are correct that sheriff's are indeed elected officials. I'm far from amused with them having military grade equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Shooting the poor kid was insane, but at the same time, that looked like a very realistic toy to me
    It did look pretty real. Supposedly in the 2 seconds it took the officers to shoot and kill him they ordered him to drop it and get on the ground 3 times. They must talk like an auctioneer to squeeze that into 2 seconds. The thing that is most disturbing is that if any other citizen pulled any one of these stunts they would be prosecuted. They may get lucky and not go to jail but they would have to answer for it in court... with all of these cases, all you hear are crickets.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

The federal civil rights violation investigation is a separate case for what it's worth.
    Sure, its like the OJ Simpson case.

As far as I am aware the actual release of the evidence (and the quantity released) is almost unheard of, almost like they we're going out of their way to ensure that people dont have to just rely on other media.

I want to see the split of what the jury voted for but I doubt we ever will (though that my do a lot to shut people up either way)

- - - Updated - - -

It did look pretty real. Supposedly in the 2 seconds it took the officers to shoot and kill him they ordered him to drop it and get on the ground 3 times. They must talk like an auctioneer to squeeze that into 2 seconds. The thing that is most disturbing is that if any other citizen pulled any one of these stunts they would be prosecuted. They may get lucky and not go to jail but they would have to answer for it in court... with all of these cases, all you hear are crickets.
    eh, theres nothing I can really say to that, I'd imagine that independent investigations are undertaken, but I honestly couldn't say (we have coronial inquests in australia.)

Remember that the stupid can go both ways.

[url]https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/25508873/police-shooting-arrest-outrage/[/url]

THAT^ that is just ****ing stupid, disrespectful and a good way to ensure next time that the hostage is hurt.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    hold on while I fetch you a nice pair of massive irony blinkers.
    I haven't actually said whether or not I believe the officer should have been indited, whether the department should be sued for mishandling the case, whether or not this was a racially motivated thing on behalf of the officer, etc. I've only stated that based on the politically charged rhetoric that gotthammer has ben basing her argument on, that she is basing her response an an emotional kneejerk while selectively picking fact to support her argument rather than taking a logicl and rational argument. And that I find the NY Times and the grand jury documents to be a more reliable source than what she has posted. Doesn't mean she's wrong, just that she needs to slow down and take a bit of time to really look at all the evidence and do a better job of presenting her argument as unbiased and objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Force Awakens trailer should be going up tomorrow.

I R EXCITE!
    Even the fake that got posted got me excited.

THAT^ that is just ****ing stupid, disrespectful and a good way to ensure next time that the hostage is hurt.
    Yeah, unions here tend to be kind of messed up. Like, teachers unions don't care about teaching students, just making sure you can't fire teachers ever no matter how terrible they are. Teachers unions have been as much of an obsticle to education reform as budget cuts.