BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 648 of 773 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 7723

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

lol, Christian mother re-writing Harry Potter to replace all magic and witchcraft with christianity. nobody is sure if it is a real thing, or a parody (the fanfiction is real, just the reason is unknown)

[url]https://tv.yahoo.com/news/mom-rewriting-harry-potter-replace-witchcraft-christianity-221000371.html[/url]
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I see that daboarder is still the paradigm of happiness and joy around here. A positive influence spreading love to all those who converse with him...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

He's been a lot better - hardly ever compares every new thing to something in the Chaos Codex.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

What a development.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nope.

I mostly read Pratchett and Black Library. And comic books. And Fortean Times, a most excellent publication I recommend to all and indeed sundry.
    just about to actually start reading pratchett myself (after I've smashed out the Malazan books they are FANTASTIC)

Anyone in particular you'd recommend starting with?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    just about to actually start reading pratchett myself (after I've smashed out the Malazan books they are FANTASTIC)

I've always found the ones involving Death to be the best... never got my hands on the english versions though, so can't tell you the original titles...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Banned

The Watch books are good too, as are the Witch ones #notreallyhelping

Chaplain

Despite being recomended to me multiple times, mainly because I enjoyed the works of Adams and Moers, I found Pratchett to be utterly unreadable. Had to fight through every line like walking through a mire and gave up after 50 pages or so.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

Hard to say to be honest.

The first two books, Light Fantastic and The Colour of Magic are arguably the weakest, as he was still finding his feet. But, being the first two, defo worth it.

Perhaps Guards Guards! is a good starting point - introduces the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, who are my favourite bunch. Or anything involves The Witches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Despite being recomended to me multiple times, mainly because I enjoyed the works of Adams and Moers, I found Pratchett to be utterly unreadable. Had to fight through every line like walking through a mire and gave up after 50 pages or so.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks