BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 577 of 773 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 7723
    First-Captain

also, apparently now people are collecting money for the cop who shot Michael Brown and started the whole affair so he and his family can handle any costs a possible law suit may bring... put that way it doesn't sound all that bad of an idea, but look at it another way and suddenly he's getting a reward for shooting Brown...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I had assumed armed police in the Uk had a similar policy, until I asked my father about it (a bobby himself at the time). Apparently they don't shoot to kill or injure, simply to stop the threat. Exactly what that means depends on the situation, most likely a torso shot since it is the easiest part to hit and pretty much everyone stops being threatening when you put a bullet through their torso. This often turns out to be fatal, but they don't deliberately shoot intending to kill someone.
    When I was younger we went shooting on the Police range, and they told us then they aim for "the centre mass".

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720[/url]

Britain has one of the best records in the world for road casualties. However, hundreds still die on the roads every year. In 2010, the police recorded 1,850 deaths, 22,660 people seriously injured and 184,138 who received light injuries.

About the map: Using official data recorded by police in Great Britain between 1999 and 2010, we have plotted every road collision in which someone died. In all, 36,371 fatalities are marked on this interactive map. You will also find partial data for Northern Ireland, for 2004-2009.

How the data is gathered: Detailed information about each crash is recorded by the police at the scene. It is subsequently transferred onto a computer database. This is available to researchers from the Economic and Social Data Service.

Missing data: As with any large collection of data, there will be errors and omissions. The BBC apologises for any distress or offence that may be caused by the inclusion of these errors. If you find any errors, please use the feedback form and let us know. We will endeavour to correct them where possible.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

In other news found my way into a game of cards against humanity online last night with a bunch of randoms.
    And I thought the tabletop version was bad

Occuli Imperator

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/28873220[/url]

Another brilliant example of the wonderful power of the internet...

Chapter-Master

poorly titled but will restore your[URL="http://tallymarx.tumblr.com/post/95367811477/rotzloeffel-check-your-privilege-feminists"] faith in the internet[/URL]

Most of those responses are **** though. I mean a lot of the complaints are bull**** too but it is clear from a lot of those that the people making the responses have no more idea of cultural appropriation than the people making silly comments. Also it was reblogged from someone who described their blog thusly:
    Feminism has been taken over by privileged, radical leftist women who do not give two ****s about women facing actual oppression. Since a popular slogan for them to yell at men is "check your privilege!", it's time we started calling them out on their own privilege and sense of entitlement.
    Which kind of tell you who this sort of **** is aimed at.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

yeah a ****ty source. but the ones telling people why they should be offended just make me laugh and facepalm at the same time.

Yup, but some of those are still missing the point. Cultural appropriation of Japanese or Indian culture might not mean much to a Japanese or Indian person but it could impact on Japanese Americans or Indian Americans who get fetishised and objectified as a result. The responses that go like 'Indian culture isn't going to disappear because Britney in Ohio wears a sari' are completely missing the point as much as people complaining about a white woman in India being given a sari to wear by her Indian friends are.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!