BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 241 of 773 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 7723

But Teachers know about the classroom, and how to handle difficult kids. Well, good Teachers do anyway.

Improve it? Offer more practical lessons in the early secondary years. Perhaps as an alternative to more academically pointless subjects, like RE (and I did that at GCSE), or even as after school stuff.

Get kids interested young, and show practical applications of stuff they're learning in other classes. I don't know about you, but my Maths lessons had nothing to do with my Technology lessons. Linking the lessons in that way would help.

Pure academia has failed.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

So just noticed all the new guard lists......I get the feeling my alpha legion will be needing a fair amount of anti-tank weapons.......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

I'm sorely tempted by Guard.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

guard are awesome. hopefully at the end of this month I am going to buy some raging heroes girls to make a few infantry squads to add to all my tanks. then I am going to buy some more tanks. and some more artillery. and some tanks.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

That's what I'm doing. Lots of RH infantry and lots and lots of GW tanks.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm sorely tempted by Guard.
    so am I, although that would be the first doubled-up army in my group (unless one counts the involuntary "merger" of my Iron Snakes with a buddy's Black Templars with the recent 'dex) - gonna have to think long and hard about that; adavantage being I could easily proxy a lot of stuff for the first few games
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Got to have Tanks!

I'm up for a couple of batteries of Wyvern.

I don't care what your infantry wear into battle, all those shred templates are going to hurt!

Chapter-Master

I have a dozen or so leman russes, a manticore, a wyvern, a salamander. I want to add a deathstrike, a basilisk, a hydra, a few more russes, some sentinels...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    You wouldn't ask an oil rigger to run BP.
    Good teachers are good because they know how to teach, not all good teachers make good department heads or even heads of schools, similiarly the overall theme of what they should teach they might not be good at. It is a (slightly) different skill set.

I think the problem with the education system is that everyone feels that it si wrong, but no one is quite sure what will make it better.
    Your analogy is flawed. The head of BP would not specify the minutiae of exactly how the oil rigger does his job, since he knows nothing about it. He is a businessman, not an oil rigger. Yet the role of Secretary of State for Education is to specify exactly what teachers should teach and how, as well as how we are assessed. Yet the person doing so has no more experience than having been on the receiving end of that experience many years ago. The Health minister does not tell doctors how to heal people, the transport minister does not tell people how to drive a train, yet education seems to be a special case where every government can best implement it's own ideology. Either the Education minister needs to have teaching experience or that role needs to change and far more consultation from experts needs to happen.

Furthermore, I can give you a long list of exactly how to fix education, as can every other teacher. The problem is we are never asked.

Oh and, we do not what to teach, because we know what the kids already know and what interest them. Politicians do not.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I have a trio of baneblade ready to receive a RH tank commander each, really looking forward to that.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!