BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 524 of 773 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 7723

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I am toad in the hole-ing it on Tuesday.

The difficulty is finding the right sausage, might I saus-gest the mighty Gloucester sausage.

The biggest hazard to the batter is the amount of fat that comes from the sausage, too much and it makes it all soggy too little and it just sticks to the pan and is thin
    True that, and it's often the one thing you can't really account for.

Currently just using Tesco's own, as I'm being cheap this month (hideously overspent on toys and fun!). Next month? It'll be up the Butcher's to get more intestine casings and cuts of pork for to make my own sossies. Then I'll be having fully home made Toad in the Hole.

And to those (probably very, very few) who have never had Toad in the Hole, or have only had the frozen version, you don't know what you're missing! Simple to prepare too!

Frozen version - ok in a pinch, but do try your hand at making your own!

And don't follow Nigel Slater's recipe. It's mank. Plus, he has a TV show called 'Simple Suppers' which should be referred to the Advertising Standards Agency, on account Mr Slater appears to be the only person in the world to habitually keep Unicorn Tears, Badger Spaff and Cyclops Scrotes in his larder.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I am toad in the hole-ing it on Tuesday.

The difficulty is finding the right sausage, might I saus-gest the mighty Gloucester sausage.

The biggest hazard to the batter is the amount of fat that comes from the sausage, too much and it makes it all soggy too little and it just sticks to the pan and is thin

I find the Sainsbury's butchers choice work well enough, but you have to make sure you know how to make the pudding right first

Mystery, if you know someone with a Costco membership card go check out their meat department.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 07-28-2014 at 03:52 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

My butchers get Lashford sausages: [url]http://www.lashford.co.uk/products[/url]

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a proper onion gravy is essential.

Plus butter in the mash. Margarine is an abomination.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Costco have like 10kg jars of Nutella. I've never been into a costco but I sort of want to...

Margarine really is an abomination. Stop using it unlss yo literally can't afford butter.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

*cough* is a vegetarian *cough*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

No, no onions ever anywhere...

need milk in the mash as well not just butter.

I'm sorry for your loss TDA.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    *cough* is a vegetarian *cough*
    I don't have anything againt vegetables, but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one.

Or would I.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

One of the best things I ever did, I feel infinitely more healthy.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Occuli Imperator

Silver top or better.

Plants can hear themselves being eaten: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2677858/Bad-news-vegetarians-Plants-hear-eaten.html[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Cheating the mash at the moment. Being a single bloke, I don't get through bags of spuds quick enough. So I'm going to experiment a bit with Smash. Yes, yes I know. Dirty. But worth a bash.

Also in agreement about Onion Gravy - it's delish.

And mustard powder in the batter mix (much or as little as you like), and then smeared on the sausages when serving, before pouring over the gravy.

Got to love classic British cooking. We're not daft! (do you reckon bacon wrapped sossies would help the overall experience??)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks