BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 526 of 773 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 7723

Battery farming can NEVER be classed as ethical.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

One where they're free range, and not pumped full of hormones.

Stress hormones affect the meat, making it a lower quality too. Biggest issue we face in today's society in the slightly bizarre notion that humanity is entitled to two chickens for £3....there's no need for it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Yes it can.

It follows the tehtics of consequentialism.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the ends justifies the means. The end is to produce as much chicken as possible at the lowest possible cost. Therefore any methods that enable that are just as a consequence of the outcome.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Wolfie's Money Saving Tip: Once made, mash potato can be frozen and stored indefinately. Just thaw out and microwave.

- - - Updated - - -

You feel much better after you have had a sausage in you...
    No it can't, once made I eat it all...

Also lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I just prefer to have not taken an innocent piggy life for my pleasure.

He has boots!

If a pig had the chance he'd kill you and everyone you ever cared about.

You can see the murder in his eyes. Never get knocked unconscious in a pig pen, they'll eat you alive...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Wolfshade, that is f'ing bullsh!t, you knew exactly what I meant. Battery farming is a crime against nature, all it does it throw lives away so that the b@stard who goes to McDonalds with his bratty kids can eat Chicken f'ing Nuggets. How would you like it if I took your dogs and threw them in a factory farm for the Koreans?

Chapter-Master

You wouldn't battery farm your pet chickens...

Occuli Imperator

It was Mystery who mentioned ethical farming, I was just sugesting that one has to be very careful with what people mean by various words as consequentialism is a form of ethics.

My dogs are the wrong breed to be eaten, you are looking for chinese black dog. But then the situation really isn't the same, the dogs were born to be pets, not food. Lab mice are born to be lab mice. Farmed rabbits are bread to be food and are not the same as the domesticated rabbits that we sell as pets.

I know only two farmers, the one is a dairy farmer and so does not eat his cows as they are "milkers" the other is pig man who does eat his pigs, his pigs wouldn't have been reared if they weren't going to be ultimately slaughtered.

So you see how the situation is not the same since the purpose is different.

You could make the argument that wild deer is not born for venison so eating that owuld be wrong, but on a grander scheme without large predators they are prone to over populate areas grazing them to destruction, so their numbers need to be reduced. So in such circumstances it is of greater benefit to kill the deer, but then what to do with the carcass? Leave it to rot, or make venison? There are arguemnets on both sides.

I do agree though that battery farming is wrong and is not moral. But with "free range" and "organic" meat costing more society faces the issue, to eat less meat or pay more for it. Which unfortunately, consumerism wants more for less so spaces reduce and you end up with factory farm indoor rear cows for instance.

For what it is worth, I as a consequence eat less meat, though I do not have vegeterian days. But, people will still buy iceland mince mostly-beef.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Anyone any good at economics? Because I've got a question about the cost of meat and relativity and that.

So, Battery Farms produce cheap meat.

Free Range Farms produce more expensive meat.

Organic Farms produce expensive meat.

What would happen if we took away the Battery Farms? Would taking away the cheapest option open up the economy of scale to bring down the prices of the medium option, as they are more readily able to sell their goods?

Also, as touched on earlier, Britain needs to belt up and realise that meat every day is a priv, not a right. Hugh's Chicken Run opened my eyes more than a little, and I've got massive 'nuff respek for Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

[url=https://imgflip.com/i/anu3l][/url][url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Maker[/url]