BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 715 of 773 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7723
    Chapter-Master

I guess clannad does have a happy ending.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Sadder than Clannad?
    a millionty four times sadder
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

hmm, Battleship was much more fun than I expected it to be. plus it had women, disabled people, and elderly people kicking ***, which is awesome.

Chapter-Master

I wish I'd seen it in theaters just for this [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5MqjvhW9c"]scene[/URL]:
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    hmm, Battleship was much more fun than I expected it to be. plus it had women, disabled people, and elderly people kicking ***, which is awesome.
    File it under the same heading as 'A Knights Tale' - films that have absolutely no right being as good as they actually turn out to be.....

Seriously. I love A Knights Tale. It's a brilliant film. But look at it on paper, and it should be a massive pile of elephant wank!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    File it under the same heading as 'A Knights Tale' - films that have absolutely no right being as good as they actually turn out to be.....
    Except that Battleship, contrary to A Knight's Tale, actually is humongously bad

I liked it.

Especially when they broadside the aliens.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

yup, a Knight's Tale is genius. I really enjoyed Battleship, and like you say, it shouldn't have been any good at all.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Tank girl is an underrated modern classic, though it's probably what twenty years old now the film, doh.

Seriously Mystery dont write off the medium cause of a few tentacles.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I just find it hard going.

When it works, it absolutely works - Akira for instance remains a favourite.

But so many just seem to have very lazy, emotionless and wooden dubbing - it ruins it. And not a fan of the 'you can tell they're angry, because they're head has enlarged' thing.