BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 634 of 773 FirstFirst ... 134534584624632633634635636644684734 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 7723
    Occuli Imperator

In the final ride of his career, and a day after his 43rd birthday, the hugely popular German rider Jens Voigt has smashed the Hour record, riding 51.115 kilometres at the Velodrome Suisse.

[The first man to do so since Chris Boardman's 56km ride on a subsequently banned bike]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I meant the count.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Voigt is a legend. ([url]http://www.startstrongmonday.com/2013/07/19/15-reasons-jens-voigt-cyclist-planet-earth/[/url])

Shut up legs!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Enthusiasm for WFB rapidly fading.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

How comes?

Possible spoiler for Kinslayer:

Feeling really pessimistic about how they are going to go with female representation in End Times in light of the probability that Ulrika is killed off in Kinslayer. She was the protagonist of three novels and the most developed female character in WFB and it seems like she gets bumped off in someone else's novel. Which is incredibly thoughtless and offensive of GW/BL. It means now that whatever big exit Gotrek gets it will be an all male driven team that get them there, because women can't do that sort of thing apparently. I mean maybe she gets a totally badass death and it is all good but that will be a really, really welcome surprise.
    Couple that with the niggling issues of how Neferata was portrayed in Nagash and my hope for a more female friendly setting and my enthusiasm for WFB in general is really dropping.

Then you have a similar situation in 40k where female representation has basically gone nowhere since the last DE book in 2010 and looks like it could be going backwards with Inquisitor Valeria and possibly Lady Malys getting dropped from their books because Gw can't be bothered making a model for them. If they **** up the DE book and WFB I might as well just back my hobby stuff up and stick to hobbies where there is at least some signs of improvement like video games and comics.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Told myself I must not spend any money for a while. Just ordered the bolt action rulebook and tank war supplement >. <
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Told myself I must not spend any money for a while. Just ordered the bolt action rulebook and tank war supplement >. <
    Perhaps you should consider telling yourself more loudly next time.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

good thinking
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

There's always an exception

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness