BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 773 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133533 ... LastLast

See I don't understand economics to really understand all that.

I support a minimum wage, as it's morally just, but I make no claim as to what it should be (though it should pay more than potential benefits, naturally, otherwise it's a wee bit pointless).

But I also believe employers should pay what they can afford, and not the bare minimum, nor an amount they genuinely cannot provide.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

for those not getting the V or the D, happy alentines ay
    tumblr makes me lol

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Yes, it is a strange thing, and unfortunately it makes me sound like I am against the minimum wage, which I am not. It is just a bit of a blunt instrument and can have some strange consequences.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    why was someone interviewing a fish about scotland?
    Because you'd get a better answer from a fish then a Haggis!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

woohoo, computer saved without being wiped
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    woohoo, computer saved without being wiped
    That's good to hear Kirsten, I've had to do a complete re-install a couple of times over the years, it's a real bummer when you do lose everything....

Oh and on a side note, make sure your main account on the computer is an admin one for safeties sake....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I was the admin, and it is my personal PC, nobody else uses it, so I was also the only account on there. the PC randomly decided to create a new user and make them admin, and create a password for the 'Other User' profile so I couldn't change it back.

Occuli Imperator

Huzzah
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

yup, lots of signing in and out, restarting, safe mode launching, create new user, set to admin for safe mode, use safe mode to delete other safe mode account, then I could finally access the system restore

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    See I don't understand economics to really understand all that.

I support a minimum wage, as it's morally just, but I make no claim as to what it should be (though it should pay more than potential benefits, naturally, otherwise it's a wee bit pointless).

But I also believe employers should pay what they can afford, and not the bare minimum, nor an amount they genuinely cannot provide.
    I once read an article about an economic study on various industries in the UK. Summarized, when they compared the various industries, they found that if the minimum was less than 50% of the average income, it resulted in a net benefit for the low-end workers. When it was more than that 50% mark, it hurt them more than it helped because companies had to start laying off employees at a greater rate, so while the remaining workers were paid really well there was a big jump in unemployment. Don't know if that applies to other nations, or how accurate the study was, but I found it pretty reasonable when I read it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.