BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 773 of 773 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773
Results 7,721 to 7,723 of 7723
    First-Captain

Huh, until that final panal I thought he was refering to the UK
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Gosh who to believe, the boy on the internet or the practising high profile lawyer with her own legal firm...

Yeah I'm going with the expert..
    Er... you really should go read the grand jury report. Like, Bloom claimed they never asked wilson if Brown had raised his hands. The witness testimonies record his response to that exact question as "no, absolutely no", however. Several other witnesses were asked if Brown raised his hands, and several of them claimed they never saw Brown raise his hands, either. One went as far to say "people keep asking if Brown raised his hands, and no he didn't." The only witness that I found who actually did claim brown raised his hands said this:

Q: You previously testified that you were not present and only heard about the event from others. Did you see Brown raise his hands?

A: yeah, Brown was on his knees begging with his hands in the air and Wilson just walked up and shot him in the head."
    She claims that Wilson was not injured, or that his injuries were not possibly serious enough to reflect that he was punched in the face. Photos of Wilson show noticable swelling and redness, and medical records reflect that. Some people, myself included, do not bruise. When I broke my leg, the only noticeable injury was a slightly swollen ankle. And, if you've never been punched in the face before, it hurts but half an hour later it's just going to be a little tender. It's only a lasting injury if you get a concussion or a broken facial bone. So I'm not even sure what angle she was trying to take with those comments, but unless Wilson tripped and fell down some stairs on the way over, he got punched in the face. Which, incidentally, is exactly why his lawyer told him to go to the hospital to ensure there were medical records reflecting this.

Several of her comments are just vague statements like "no one asked him any tough questions". Since they spent 4 hours asking him in detail why he shot Brown, I'm not sure what sort of "tough questions" they left out.

She critisizes Wilson and the police for not testing the gun for fingerprints and for Wilson washing his hands, but ignores that they have DNA evidence of Brown's blood on Wilson's sleeve and all over the inside of his patrol car and that Brown had a gun**** wound to the hand consistant with holding the slide of the gun when it went off.

Some of her criticisms may be valid, but several of them are factually incorrect, some present only a misleading snapshot of the complete picture, and some of them are purely statements of personal opinion rather than a professional analysis of the facts. Between her tweets and the grand jury evidence, Illgo with the grand jury evidence.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I'm playing the [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?480-Rules-of-the-Oubliette"]no politics card[/URL] and closing this thread. Feel free to open a new off topic thread... but if these topics and/or malicious posting style show up again I will start issuing bans starting at a week per offense. Take it to PMs or off site. I don't want to see this kind of posting here again.
    Last edited by The Girl; 12-03-2014 at 07:59 PM.