BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Deep striking onto battlements

Hiya all

Had an opponent's deep striking assault marines scatter onto some battlements today. There wasn't room to complete a full circle of marines,the final marine had to balance on the rim, as such he couldn't be placed in base to base.
    My opponent claimed that as per the 3rd bullet point on p.36 of the rulebook "Each circle must include as many models as will fit," the first circle contained as many models as would fit and so he could start another.

I think that per page 8 of the latest rulebook faq the "entire unit could not deploy onto the battlements" and so the unit needed to roll on the deep strike mishap table.

Can anyone offer any clarification?

Chaplain

Deep Striking Jump infantry on Battlements would follow all the normal rules for Deep Strike which means if they can't be placed base to base in concentric circles they mishap

I agree with you that the FAQ requires that they be placed in full concentric circles. Otherwise, the FAQ answer would have been different. The FAQ contemplates a scenario where you land close to the edge of the battlements and thus part of your concentric circle would be on the ground level. If you could just stop that ring of the circle and start a new one on the battlements there would obviously be no mishap, but the FAQ says there is a mishap - you have to complete each ring of the circle before you start a new one, and if you can't, then you've got a mishap.

Chaplain

Maybe tell him next time to 5 man combat squad his Assault marines if he's planning to jump them on battlements

Scout

Or to not scatter to such an inconvenient spot.

Veteran-Sergeant

Cheers.
    Nabterayal - that's how I felt but he took a liberal interpretation of the rulebook.

They died a horrible and quick death to 2 heavy flamers next to a promethium relay.