BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyranid Tactica

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

The faq adresses the basic rules it doesnt override the rules for vehies on pg 76
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Can't Fearless Gargoyles Blind Tarpit them?

If you take the Skyblight then can keep coming back too no?

Last I knew Blind was checked on a hit and FAQ allows it to effect walkers ergo Super-Heavy Walkers as well and since Fearless cheap clusters don't care if they can harm something to stay in melee they got those knights preoccupied till you can get something that can hurt it like a Carnifex Brood with Crushing Claws, its the D weapon explosion of the Imperial Knight dying that hoses Nids most.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-02-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Can't Fearless Gargoyles Blind Tarpit them?

If you take the Skyblight then can keep coming back too no?

Last I knew Blind was checked on a hit and FAQ allows it to effect walkers ergo Super-Heavy Walkers as well and since Fearless cheap clusters don't care if they can harm something to stay in melee they got those knights preoccupied till you can get something that can hurt it like a Carnifex Brood with Crushing Claws, its the D weapon explosion of the Imperial Knight dying that hoses Nids most.
    Stomp!

and even worse they can walk those stomps outwards to higt units they aren't even in combat with

the best tactic seems to be surround them with gants but DON'T charge, force him to move.
    Last edited by daboarder; 03-02-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

yeah but gargoyles by virtue of being Jump can effectively spread and surround a knights base to make it hard for one knight to stomp clear of them all. Plus Blind makes the knight easy bait for the next guy, since it lasts till the end of their next turn.

Chapter-Master

its not so much the gargoyles that I'm too worried about its anything within walked pie plate range

Chaplain

yeah gathered that after I responded, but at least they'd be tar pitted and immobile till they cleared them out allowing you to move stuff you are afraid of him chaining 3"-15" stomp markers to until you moved in with a unit that could kill it is still a random roll so no guarantees he rolls all 3 blast markers every turn, charge with a Carnifex and when it explodes as the controlling player assign all the D hits to the gargoyles in base contact first, then charge the Carnifex into the next tar-pitted knight rinse and repeat and hope your gargoyles keep coming back. If you took the Skyblight odds are you are even taking all the objectives from his knights you have tarpitted as well.

Actually the explosion scatters then resolves from the middle so no guarantees the Carnifex will be around to use over and over.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-02-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Chapter-Master

yeah skyblight hard counters knight spam

the abillity to take 3 flyrants, 4 crones, 2 harpies and still have up to 90 scoring gargs that COME BACK!!! Yeah that list doesn't care if your running 5 knights....your in trouble

I may actually start trawling Ebay to get the models for that one.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

the abillity to take 3 flyrants, 4 crones, 2 harpies and still have up to 90 scoring gargs that COME BACK!!! Yeah that list doesn't care if your running 5 knights....your in trouble

Id probably still try and keep a Swarmlord w/ Tyrant guard for charging around with though, what's 1 less Flyrant when you have all that other stuff.

Ultimately though Tyranid Rising II gave us a lot of good stuff though, for little to nothing point wise, since none of it forced us to max out any unit sizes.

Hoping we get something for Old One Eye, Swarmlord and Trygons/Raveners in the next one.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-03-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

I think I know why you would go on Ebay for that one....$115 a FMC is way too much for me lol. Especially when they only take up 130-160 points per model.

EDIT: Sky-Slashers added in!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Gargoyles have been added in!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast