BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Cadian battle group in blood angels drop pods

So the cadian battle group allows for 1+ company command squads. The flesh tearers FOC allows up to 6 fast attack slots. I'm thinking about running company command squads in drop pods. LOTS of them. I've got the guard and the pods so it probably wouldn't take that much cash to flush out this concept. Does anyone have thoughts as to army composition with this as the central idea? I'm shooting for an 1850 army. I'd probably take a librarian and scout squad for the hq and troop. Thoughts?

Brother-Captain

Besides the fact that you can, at most, take only 3 Company Command Squads...I'm guessing you meant to say "Veteran Squads," am I right?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

As you're blood angels, take Cassor T. Damned, the Dreadnought troop choice instead of the scouts. Would compliment the list better I think. Captain Kharleen would help bring the second half of your list in too.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Besides the fact that you can, at most, take only 3 Company Command Squads...I'm guessing you meant to say "Veteran Squads," am I right?
    their is a Mont'ka formation which is 1 command squad and 0-1 lord commissars. as you can take multiple formations you can take as many command squads as you have points for with no other investment. that said; without as many units to benefit from their orders a mix of command squads and Vetrens might be a better choice

Brother-Sergeant

I didn't think you could take just veterans in that formation. Are you suggesting grab a normal am detachment?

Chapter-Master

Why don't you put fleshtearers in fleshtearers drop pods? Controversial I know...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I would consider a Combined arms detachment, with command squads and vets squads all with the special weapons of your choice and then if needed more command squads using the formation. kit the vets out with camo cloaks drop ideally ahead of the command squads, go to ground when shot at for +2 to cover saves and use 'get back in the fight' to shoot as normal the next turn. Command squads can also use similar tactics, however camo cloaks are more expensive per vet and the commander himself has to buy it from the armoury.

if you are running a librarian or two, an Astropath is probably a good upgrade to channel additional dice for them an occasionally get off the psychic shriek, as tempting as it is to take the officer of the fleet for reserve manipulation, a simple coms relay is on the board from turn 1 and is likely going to have more effect. master of ordinance doesn't belong in a list like this so leave him behind too.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Reldane View Post
    their is a Mont'ka formation which is 1 command squad and 0-1 lord commissars. as you can take multiple formations you can take as many command squads as you have points for with no other investment. that said; without as many units to benefit from their orders a mix of command squads and Vetrens might be a better choice
    Well, unless you're doing ITC tournaments, but sure, that seems like a strange formation.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214