BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Magical Attacks

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Magical Attacks

I was looking through the Bretonnian Army book under Grail Knights were it says their attacks count as magical. In 8th, do magical attacks even exist? I looked through the BRB but couldn't find anything on it and there is nothing in the FAQ's.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Yep, still in existence.

Typically means you can beat up Ethereal stuff, but nowadays some units get a special save against Magical Attacks.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Yes, curiously what a magical attack is is not defined in the rule book. Though the ethereal special rule does mention it, as do wood elf forest spirit rules, so it is still about. Basically, it only affects things that specifically say they are affected by magical attacks.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

Huh. No wonder I couldn't find it in the BRB. Just wanted to make sure it still exists.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.