BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Pre-Heresy Death Guard Project Log

I've started a Betrayal army and chosen to go with Death Guard. I'll be logging progress here.

My initial List:

HQ:
    Praetor - Cataphractii, Power Scythe, combi-weapon

Death Shroud - command squad x4

Moritat - plasma pistols

Elites:
    Legion Terminators - cataphractii x5, auto cannon, power scythe

Legion Terminators - cataphractii x5, heavy chem flamer, lightning claws, power scythe, thunder hammer

Contemptor Dreadnought - auto cannon

Troops:
    Tactical squad, power scythe

Assault Squad, chem flamer, power scythe

Recon squad, sniper rifles

Support squad, chem flamers, rhino

Heavy:
    Heavy Support Squad, auto cannons, augury

Medusa artillery squadron

A couple preview shots:

Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 12-05-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Fly Lord

I've got my lawn chair and beer out - this one's gonna be good...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

No paint, but how's this?

Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 12-07-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Rhino is done too, but I found one hatch was mis-molded so I'll need to give the FW guys a ring on the morrow.

Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 12-07-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Additional project progress:

Cataphractii Close Combat Squad:

Moritat: (need to add a few pouches and grenades yet)

Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 12-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Details on building the power Scythe:

This was much easier than expected once I came up with it. Requires 3 parts and some pinning.

Parts:
    Swarm lord Bone sabre.
    Grey Knight terminator warding staff.
    Cataphractii Power Axe.

As it turned out I ordered a Power Axe set for Cataphractii armor, and had decided I wasn't going to use it. However, while looking at it I realized it would be a good basis for the Power Scythe. At least better than I was originally planning. Your thoughts?

The parts laid out:

Assembled:

And in use:
    Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 03-12-2013 at 09:18 PM.

I also want to give a prop to Dragon Forge for my bases. I've used their resin bases on a few minis now and these are top notch bases. Lots of variety and great details. And prices are great as well for what you get.

[URL="Http://www.dragonforge.com"]Http://www.dragonforge.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    As it turned out I ordered a Power Axe set for Cataphractii armor, and had decided I wasn't going to use it. However, while looking at it I realized it would be a good basis for the Power Scythe. At least better than I was originally planning. Your thoughts?
    Turned out brilliantly in my opinion. Size and balance is good, and most importantly, looks great overall.

Also, I'm jealous of your FW Rhino, been wanting one for ages. Looks awesome.

Chapter-Master

Looking very good!

But being a bit heresy anal here....your Moritat has a double headed aquila on his belt. The double headed didn't exist till after the Heresy, and the one headed one was only allowed on emporers children
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Well, I don't mean be disagreeable, but my interpetation was only EC could wear the Aquila on their armor, though many pieces of equipment were still stamped with it by the manufactorium. And a belt bult could "reasonable" be one of those items...

"The Aquila is also displayed on Space Marine Power Armour since the end of the Horus Heresy when that honour was given to all Loyalist Space Marines by the Emperor rather than just the Traitor Marines of the Emperor's Children Legion. The Aquila is also stamped on weapons produced for the Imperium at its Adeptus Mechanicus Forge Worlds. Bolters, Lasguns, tanks, and every other piece of Imperial military equipment often displays the Aquila painted or stamped on them. "

As for not existing before the heresy...

"The Imperial Aquila, known in ancient times as the Palatine Aquila, is a two-headed eagle sigil which represents the entirety of the Imperium of Man and was chosen by the Emperor of Mankind at the start of the Great Crusade in circa 800.M30."

You must know that, if anything, fluff is completely mallable in the 40k universe.

But if you must know, the legion MkII armor from FW comes that way, I suppose I could file it off, but it looks cool. And the rule of cool often trumps everything else...

You may be the only person who even calls it out... Good catch.
    Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 12-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast