BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

For me - to get out of the "funk" and begin painting again I started watching YouTube battle reports and listening to 40K radio. Give it a go and see if it helps!

Good luck!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

I'm in the same boat... I never kept up with my painting and now I have many thousands of points of Eldar to paint and I just can't feel motivated to do it.

First-Captain

What helped me was joining a gaming group. It gave me the kick I needed to get painting.
    Admittedly it didn't last long due to time constraints but I am chomping at the bit to get to the club with a painted army.

Chapter-Master

Actually I'm going through a renaissance on painting at the mo. I think it is sparked by trying out some new techniques found both in Paint Splash type articles, and also by having reached 2 fully painted 1500pt tournament lists. Now I can go back, pick and choose units based on what I fancy whereas I have been slogging at stuff for competitiveness' sake.

The new GW paints are also good fun to use seeing what effects they come out with - Ryze rust, Nihilakh oxide et al.

I'd say don't force it Deady. If I was playing as much X-Wing as you, I may be trying to doctor a couple of units, such as Corran Horn's green X-Wing or summat. See if that gets the juices flowing?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I got to say for me it was the fact I'm now taking part in the path of damnation campaign that has gotten me out of my rut that and some really awesome audio books from BL

Chapter-Master

Last year I managed two Space marines.
    The problem I have is space. By the time I've cleared a space to paint I generally can't be arsed to do any.
    Combined with preferring natural light to paint by and its lack for most of my free time, and then if both of those are right having decent enough weather to spray paint the basecoat...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Last year I managed two Space marines.
    The problem I have is space. By the time I've cleared a space to paint I generally can't be arsed to do any.
    Combined with preferring natural light to paint by and its lack for most of my free time, and then if both of those are right having decent enough weather to spray paint the basecoat...
    Maybe you should become a teacher, plenty of free time in August with the nice summer weather.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

But I hate children.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    But I hate children.
    That's the prime requisite of the job.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
    That's the prime requisite of the job.
    Beaten to the punch.

I've seen educating Yorkshire, how bad can it be?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast