BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Things Just Got Weirder!
    While working on the Rapier Laser Batteries I thought to myself that my current Weirdgrot conversion below (representing a Primaris Psyker) looks great for pyromancy and other physical forms of psychic powers.

But I think I need to get one who'd look right for Divination and could represent an astropath should I ever wish to field one. So I created this floating gretchin in a strait jacket with lots of rods and teslas sticking out. The idea being that when he sees the future he goes nuts and starts screaming about it and sometimes a nearby squad will listen and act accordingly.

A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

First-Captain

wow your Gretchin sorry Grot(was looking through my old Space Crusade today) characters really have some great character to them....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Nobody ever listens to Tim

Thousand Sons: Lost In The Warp
    My plan after the grots was to rebuild my Grey Knights but I have to admit I have no love for the new codex.
    I used to love playing my Thousand Sons using Grey Knight rules as the army was a blast to play due to it's combinations provided by the henchmen and inquisitors, even more so when Psyker Henchmen could pick almost any power. There were just so many fun combinations and psychic potential. But the recent release of the codex has taken a good portion of that enjoyment away.

Now what's left of my army is unusable due to only having 3 grey knights units with no 2nd troops choice or HQ, plus 2 rifledreads that have been made expensive and less effective. The result being... I just can't don't feel any passion or drive to rebuild my grey knight army.

So they'll likely be shelved till Forgeworld bring outs the Thousand Sons for the Horus Heresy, or I might actually consider rebuilding the army using the Space Marine codex instead.

What do you think?

Last edited by Proiteus; 11-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Walk Sneakily and Carry A Big Gun!!
    The half painted Rapier teams have been put aside for a while as I have an upcoming tournament at my gaming club coming up, the catch being no forgeworld units. So the rapiers are out and I'm fielding the vendetta. To replace them I've decided to bring 'Agent Spookumz' my old Marbo conversion out of storage and since Marbo seems to have been forgotten about by GW I plan to field him as a Vindicare instead. So I've swapped his arms out and converted him an orky sniper rifle.

Busy In The Workshop
    I've also finished work on the first set of expanded spiked tracks today and the Leman Russ Vanquisher tank is starting to take shape, with luck I'll have room for a small grot commander in the Cupola in front of the tank. >:E

I like the spiky tracks! And the sniper rifle is ace.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    PSYCHIC BADGES
    During my first few games of 7th edition with my Thousand Sons I encountered a problem, which was with all the blessings and additional powers from the henchmen psykers it was hard to keep track of who had done what after the psychic phase. So I decided to make some themed Psychic tokens printing them as 25mm Button Badges for extra durability. They are so cheap and easy to create I also made some temporary objective markers for the grot rebelz.

Lovely work all around! Is there a how to guide for making these? They look like a great gaming aid!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Lovely work all around! Is there a how to guide for making these? They look like a great gaming aid!
    Simple really, just create the design in photoshop using a badge template and send it off to a badge making company for printing. I was fortunate to find a place that did a small number of different designs, most places have a 100 min order with a set number of designs.

Someone suggested I take on commissions to create some, but fears of a visit from GW legal have prevented me from doing so.
    Last edited by Proiteus; 11-04-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Chapter-Master

Simple really, just create the design in photoshop using a badge template and send it off to a badge making company for printing. I was fortunate to find a place that did a small number of different designs, most places have a 100 min order with a set number of designs.
    Thanks! Top work all around! This is the type of army I love to set up against. The visual aspect of the game is my favorite part!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Battle-Brother

Thousand Sons: Lost In The Warp
    Now what's left of my army is unusable due to only having 3 grey knights units with no 2nd troops choice or HQ, plus 2 rifledreads that have been made expensive and less effective. The result being... I just can't don't feel any passion or drive to rebuild my grey knight army.

So they'll likely be shelved till Forgeworld bring outs the Thousand Sons for the Horus Heresy, or I might actually consider rebuilding the army using the Space Marine codex instead.

What do you think?
    I think you should keep going. I’m using mine as a just barely post heresy era with CSM rules and pre-heresy paint. IA:13 assists with this as it’s got the relic vehicles that were more prevalent at the time. It’s worth a thought at least.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast