BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Like it? Love it!

You do know you'll have to paint those up at Luke's speeder on Tatooine...right?
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Bombs Your Way!
    If one FW guard unit caught my eye as being something a gretchin would do it was the Cyclops remote demolition vehicle, basically it's 3 independent demo charges with toughness 6, 2 wounds and a 4+ save controlled by a squad of guardsmen at the back of the board. What sealed the deal was Kromlech's orky Goliath mines which I could help but by on black friday.

Used them yesterday, not by far the most competitive unit in standard games but a fun one to use as they can keep your opponent on their toes.

LOOK OUT! HERE COMES DA BOSS!
    Well here he is; Commissar Yarrick or in this army Kaptin Squigscream, Boss Grotskull's 2nd in kommand, muscle and right hand grot. I decided to convert an exo suit for the rebel grot warboss as it was the only way he'd be likely wielding a storm bolter and power klaw, plus Yarrick is hard as nails. I was lucky as the flash gitz provided me with the crucial legs, power pack and cyborg eye.

I look forward to painting him in the near future.
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

WAAAAGH.... WAAAAGH NEVER CHANGES!
    Finished converting up my first Ardgit that will represent Carapace veterans, the front half of the squad will be armed with riot shields. Also because I want to avoid painting anymore green I decided to give most of them gas masks, in doing so I kind of created a small version of the guy from the [URL="http://content.bethsoft.com/bsw_cms_asset/22110_2_1.jpg"]Fallout box art[/URL].

First-Captain

I like them, very bizarre riot police!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

The Ardest Gretchin There Ever Was!
    Finally finished off Squigscream on Saturday, converted from a variety of bits (most from the flash gitz) I wanted to make a fearsome looking gretchin warboss to represent Commissar Yarrick. And that's just what I got, course the problem now is finding a place for him in the army.

I had to replace his original banner because the bone didn't come out the way I wanted but I think the fist works better, was worried about the black armour but the chipping damage highlights it well.

Rough Riders; Squigsuits or Wartrikes?
    Made the mistake this week of starting to brainstorm ideas for Rough riders, so far I've had two ideas.

Squigsuits
    Inspired by the [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/159138-StalkerWip2.html?m=2"]exo suit rough riders created by Flinty[/URL] I made what is essentially a Grot Squigsuit using a Tau Broadside power pack, crisis feet and bionic bits. The idea was to put a robotic arm on the back with the piston powered spear and have them modelled bouncing and running. Only problem is it doesn't take up much space on the bike base and the legs are a little wide, so they'd need to be mounted on 40mm bases which brings up the question; what is the official base for Rough Riders?

Trikes
    Unsure about the squigsuit idea I went to my local GW where 3 young players were building Orks, I spotted a Deffgun from a Loota kit and saw a Grot Trike, I've ordered some pistons and small wheels to experiment with this idea more later this week.

So I'm eager to hear which idea people think is better?

Squigsuits are the way forwards!
    By popular demand the Squigsuit wins! So I've completed the suit's lance weapon and added some plates. By the way if anyone has any Tau Battlesuit feet or Broadside cooling system let me know cause they're hard to find or expensive on the web.

Thought about adding a 2nd arm for the Rough Rider's pistol, what do you think? Does it work or should I stick with the one arm?

First-Captain

I love your Squigsuits, they look barmy!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Those are so cute!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Battle-Brother

I just finished going through the entire thread, you are a superb converter! I eagerly await any more creations you've got stewing!

I'm only just getting into the hobby, so finishing an army at all is a big deal for me (working on it!) but I do have the dream of converting and kitbashing someday.

The Rebel Grots are very interesting, and I think if I played a game against an army like that it would be hard not to have fun, lol

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    Those are so cute!
    Oh they're nothing compared to the gretchin gun drones that now accompany them.
    Since the 2nd arm made it look to humanoid and attaching it to the spear would make it too bulky I've decided to make 4 little gun drones to mount on the bases; that way they can represent the laspistols and boost the height of the squigsuits that aren't jumping for more fairer LOS.

What do you think?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast