BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

10 days and counting!
    A few tweaks and the Baneblade is now pretty much complete, all it needs is a small autocannon turret on top of the main gun and it will be good to go. Other details such as crew and the helicopter which will be getting a few changes will depend on what time I have left. I was surprised at how well the Zaap guns practically slotted into place on the lascannon turrets.

Now all that left is to get it tidied up and painted within 9 days!
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    10 days and counting!
    A few tweaks and the Baneblade is now pretty much complete, all it needs is a small autocannon turret on top of the main gun and it will be good to go. Other details such as crew and the helicopter which will be getting a few changes will depend on what time I have left. I was surprised at how well the Zaap guns practically slotted into place on the lascannon turrets.

Now all that left is to get it tidied up and painted within 9 days!
    Looking amazing so far, good luck with painting it up within 9 days, I really hope you do
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

7 Days To Go!!!
    Working hard to the point it's feeling less like a hobby and more like a 2nd job, anyway I'm grateful for being taught the sponging technique as it has really sped up the repainting of the old vehicles and looks great, going to sponge the Battle Bruiser tomorrow. Sadly I'll likely won't have time to upload any quality pictures till after Throne Of Skulls.

Been working on the Doom-vees and would like some feedback on the new wheels, keep in mind they'll be a lot more dirty when their finished and the black strip on the hull will have a chequered pattern. Not sure about using the rounded wheels at the front as I'm not sure they look right, might replace them and just use the more bulky ones at the back? Your thoughts?

Anyway back to painting!

Looks great!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

First-Captain

Been working on the Doom-vees and would like some feedback on the new wheels, keep in mind they'll be a lot more dirty when their finished and the black strip on the hull will have a chequered pattern. Not sure about using the rounded wheels at the front as I'm not sure they look right, might replace them and just use the more bulky ones at the back? Your thoughts?

Anyway back to painting!
    I think it looks interesting, a different take on the Chimera, once it's finished with the painting and weatheriing I bet it will look amazing with the wheels you've got.

Well it's been a busy week of painting as I've tried to get these guys ready in time to spearhead the Grot Rebelz at Warhammer World on Monday.
    As you can see there have been some changes to the models; The first being that I've mounted them on biker bases instead of round 40mm to make it perfectly clear that they are Nob Bikers, this is due to the fact their appearance can easily be mistaken for heavy infantry. The other change was the Waaagh Banner, it just didn't look right! So since I needed to fill the empty space on the bikers bases with something, I decided to have a Gretchin Waaagh Banna waver mounted in a kart so he can keep up with da botz.
    The Ork then got a Shield instead which looks a lot cooler and gives him some character. Seemed also a good idea to fill the mad dok's base with a unfortunate ork that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now just 1 more squad to do and then it's just some touch up on 4 of the tanks and some objectives, then I'll be ready for Throne Of Skulls!
    Mate these are truly awesome, and im totally going to hassle u with 40k questions whenever i pop into the shop after work now lol

The Combustion Engine
    Well got the army completed in time for Throne Of Skulls, and while the Battle Bruiser needs a bit more work and both the Leman Russ and Vendetta need some glyphs and chequered patterns the Doom-vees will be uploaded tomorrow.

By the way my Battle Bruiser (Hellhammer Baneblade variant) got blown up every game and as a result I didn't win any of them and it was later nicknamed the combustion engine. As a guard player it would have been depressing but as a Grot player it was funny and enjoyable. Some funny moments included a single gretchin charging at Lysander out of desperation or a leman russ getting immobilised on the defence line wall in front of it on turn 1 which we decided was due to the grot being unable to reach the pedal lol.

Got nominated for best army but the overall winner was a truly stunning Tyranid army with organic fortifications including a landing pad that looked just stunning, you can see his work here: [URL="http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/"]http://40kaddict.blogspot.co.uk/[/URL]

First-Captain

sorry to hear your grots let you down in the fight, but I'm glad that the main reason you went was for FUN and FUN was had....

THE GROT REBEL'S PERSONAL TRANSPORT THE DOOM-VEE
    Well here are some photos of the new and improved Grot Doom-Vee Transports that represent my chimeras, completed at about midnight before Throne Of Skulls!
    Thanks to a fellow hobbyist teaching me the sponging technique I was able to build up on the previous paint job rather than completely repaint the model, which given my time restrictions I was very grateful for!

Basically I went over the old paint job with a 50/50 wash of Nuln Oil and Lanmian Medium in the creases before sponging over 2 layers of red with part of a washing up sponge, followed by some fiery orange edge highlighting using a leftover piece of pluck foam.
    Battle damage was done using a similar method for the dark brown then painting the metal on. The chequered pattern on the side really adds to the vehcile, I also added Ork glyphs on the side rather than actual english which can be read as 'Love loot' since this is the transport for the Boota Huntaz hence the chest. As I mentioned before I choose to to use the ork Battlewagons wheels because the previous rubber wheels were likely to be difficult to paint to a standard to match the rest of the vehicle, it also makes the conversion's width more accurate to the actual model for armour facings. As you can see from the image below it is a vast improvement on the previous version...

Similar to the squads the chimera conversions were made to a tad bit different from each other with one getting six wheels, it did have a dozer blade but the model is too far down for it to connect at the right angle.

I'm excited for the new guard battlewagon and will likely be getting at least one to convert, someone also suggested I make the heavy bolters removable and consider using the Doom-vees to represent the new guard transports but I'll wait till I have the codex in hand first.

Brother-Sergeant

I really like the Doom-Vee transports, nice weathering job and use of bits. But I think the area round the wheels needs something, maybe flat fenders over the wheels?
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast