BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor
    It's not at all worth it, and I really hope the rumors are off. Sadly, though, the fun rumors are usually the ones that are wildly off the mark while the crappy rumors are usually the ones which are dead on center.
    Then don't buy any of those crappy Imperial Knights. That leaves more models for the rest of us

Rules, crappy or not, Knight dies on the first turn or not, whatever... I'm going to buy them as soon as they hit the shelves of my store. This is a dream come true.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Can you one-shot them? No. But you can two-shot them. Seriously, a 125 point Tactical Squad with a Drop Pod, a Meltagun, and a Combi-Melta has pretty solid odds of blowing it straight to hell Turn 1. Drop in, score two Penetrating Hits needing only below average scores, roll 4+ for the Vehicle Damage Table, then inflict the average number of secondary explosions, and you'll inflict the 6 Hull Points necessary to kill it. That's 48 points of Marines killing off a 375 war machine in a single turn. LCS is absolutely right. It's not at all worth it, and I really hope the rumors are off.
    So, you hit 2/3 times, pen about 3/4 times, and need a 4+? So you've got a 25% chance of getting the secondary explosion? Assuming your opponent was stupid enough to not bubble-wrap. And assuming you're playing Marines. There are other armies in the game, and most of them don't have Drop Pods. Drop Pod armies are pretty good against Super Heavies, sure. Doesn't inherently make them not worth it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Can you one-shot them? No. But you can two-shot them. Seriously, a 125 point Tactical Squad with a Drop Pod, a Meltagun, and a Combi-Melta has pretty solid odds of blowing it straight to hell Turn 1. Drop in, score two Penetrating Hits needing only below average scores, roll 4+ for the Vehicle Damage Table, then inflict the average number of secondary explosions, and you'll inflict the 6 Hull Points necessary to kill it. That's 48 points of Marines killing off a 375 war machine in a single turn. LCS is absolutely right. It's not at all worth it, and I really hope the rumors are off. Sadly, though, the fun rumors are usually the ones that are wildly off the mark while the crappy rumors are usually the ones which are dead on center.
    How do you get 48 points? A tac squad with a Dpod, melta, multimelta and combi-melta is 205 points. On average, 3 shots, 2 hits, 2 pens, 1 4+ result on the chart. Ignoring if the Knight owner decides to put their shield on the facing the drop pod squad is at.

I'll be buying one regardless of the rules, for gods sake it's almost a plastic titan! Plastic Imperial Knights, seriously...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Am I wrong in wondering how easy it will be to convert it into something approximating the original metal knights and using the paint schemes in the glorious WD 126...?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'll be buying one regardless of the rules, for pete's sake it's almost a plastic titan! Plastic Imperial Knights, seriously...
    +1
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I'll be buying one regardless of the rules, for gods sake it's almost a plastic titan! Plastic Imperial Knights, seriously...
    While I'm thoroughly disappointed at the apparent lack of chaos rules, buying one of these and converting it is probably going to be a better option than buying the mobility scooter. particularly given the fact that I run a nurgle list.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Eldargal, I'm so with you on that. Although I thought the rules would be better. Think I'd sooner take a lamdraider and razorback.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Iron Father

Ain't that the truth. I couldn't give a monkeys about its rules. Its just too cool not to have.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

Oooh! Depending on the size of the kit, Converting one with Dreaknight to make a collasal dreadknight
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast