BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    The FW Knight Lancer rumour is obvious bunk since it mentioned the Lancer would fit into a fast attack slot in a primary detachment of knights. Knights don't use FOC so claiming they'll get a fast attack unit is utter nonsense. Honestly, there have been some utterly bizarre "rumours" (read: utter hokum) being given way too much air-time lately."New Vendetta," anyone?
    I believe it's been said elsewhere in this thread, but considering how the Heresy books work, the Lancer will be a Fast Attack choice for a Heresy army, and also available for the current-era Knights via dataslate, most likely non-scoring to represent it being a "fast" slot. When they get around to the Crusader/Castellian, they will most likely be slotted into Heavy Support for Heresy and non-scoring for modern Knights.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Not in my HARD COPY of the book it isn't.
    Sorry... It is in the DIGITAL COPY. I didn't buy the book...

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    I believe it's been said elsewhere in this thread, but considering how the Heresy books work, the Lancer will be a Fast Attack choice for a Heresy army, and also available for the current-era Knights via dataslate, most likely non-scoring to represent it being a "fast" slot. When they get around to the Crusader/Castellian, they will most likely be slotted into Heavy Support for Heresy and non-scoring for modern Knights.
    im building my own Castellian knight, much more fun that way and will be doing the rules for it as well but will only be used in apoc games and if opponent allows me to

im building my own Castellian knight, much more fun that way and will be doing the rules for it as well but will only be used in apoc games and if opponent allows me to

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmm, that's actually a fair point. I'd hope any future Knights wouldn't be FW kits though. For one thing, I despise FW resin and for another, the plastic one's expensive enough! Also I reckon GW would make boatloads of cash with another plastic knight kit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Woops, double post.

Librarian

I dont think theyve even had time and enough kits to saturate the current market as is. altogether while I find these kits amazing and the rules for them not too absurdly terrible I'm commiting myself to not buying one first hand (already own a 3rd party model), the reason is cause im sure that once these other builds are released Ill get a way better idea of which models I want and probably will be able to score some of the first gens (paladins/errants) for cheap once everyone stops fielding as many in the face of a greater variety of knights.

Overall great release except for the fact that theres only two models available right now and it would seem if any of these rumors are true, that the first wave purchasers are investing themselves heavily in half of a release, otherwise Ide have to assume that GW is doing right by its customers and would never give them a taste of an army before releasing all its material in order to boost kits sales based on visual appeal alone. No GW would never do that...

Quote Originally Posted by quindia View Post
    Sorry... It is in the DIGITAL COPY. I didn't buy the book...
    I was hoping they'd update the digital copy. Thanks. Was double checking that you had the Digital one and weren't hallucinating the entry.
    Last edited by Lord-Boofhead; 03-18-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?391656-Knight-Crusader-Castellan-and-Lancer"]StrykerSniper[/URL]

Ok guys, before the inquisitors come for me, I have some Intel from my spies in GW. I have gotten a report of new knight titan variants from Forgeworld. The 3 alternative knight variants mentioned in Codex:Imperial Knights are being produced as FW kits, with rules to be released in a new IA.

The crusader and Castellan will have the same mask, one with a targeter/bionic eye looking bit, a scope/range finder that attaches to the carapace, and alternative weapon arms that are both ranged weapons(which is nice, as my titan seems to get spanked when I try to run in and use my chainblade). My buddy wasn't sure which guns belonged to whom, but one looked like a laser lance of some sort, and was told it would be along the lines of a long range strength10 ap 1 las cannon, possibly with 2 shots, but DEFINITELY not D. There is also a gatling weapon, not sure if its projectile or las, but they look cool, and the Lancer has smaller armor plates on the legs, and a different head.

Also, to reflect the rare nature of the variants, the pilots are senechals with ws bs5, and a 3+ invul to reflect their prowess (super important since the lancer apparently has less armor, but is faster (fleet from what I'm told).

Take this rumor with as much salt as your like, and this is second hand for me too, but this guy usually isn't full of crap. Also, it seems that FW is doing some commo and banner stuff for the hole in the top of the carapace. I'm super jazzed about these, since as a former epic player, I was disappointed to see so few of the knight variants represented.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Sounds great - excited to see 'em. The Knights are an absolutely amazing addition to the game and the model line. Can't wait to see more.

Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast