BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I liked the videos too. I knew most of it, but there were a few little things in them that I did not know that I can apply to painting all of my miniatures in general

Fly Lord

Final details and decal application video from GW:

Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I feel like an idiot, but it never occurred to me to take the transfer paper out of the water with the decal still on and then actually push the decal off right onto the model. So many wasted Forgeworld Blood Ravens transfers...

Chapter-Master

Played against 3 knights last night @ 2k pts. Managed to table them by the end of turn 5 with my non-supplement Iyanden list.

Here's a hint: If you're not running them FULL SPEED towards your opponent, you're doing it wrong
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Played against 3 knights last night @ 2k pts. Managed to table them by the end of turn 5 with my non-supplement Iyanden list.

Here's a hint: If you're not running them FULL SPEED towards your opponent, you're doing it wrong
    Any chance of a brief batrep?

Brother-Captain

Still not buying a damned thing until I get that codex...which should be this weekend. After a good read-through, I'll consider it. But honestly, I think I'm going to wait for the IG release.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    Any chance of a brief batrep?
    Sure.

As best as I can remember.... His list: 3 knights (2 with melta, 1 with battlecannon) tigirius, 3 cents with grav goodies, 2 10man tac squads with rhinos and grav goodies.
    My list... Naked Spiritseer, Wraithseer with D-cannon, 10 WG with Cannons, 5 WG with d-scythes in Serpent w/scatterlasers/cannon/HF, 9 WB with axes, Hemlock, 2 Wraithlords with brightlance and sword, 1 WK with cannons. (Note that this list was not custom tailored for his 3 knights, this is my 2000pt escalation league list) We were just interested in seeing how the knights did so we just played annhilation/dow.

I deployed first with the serpent behind some ruins on my left flank, 10WG in a ruin building that had a nice solid wall I could hide them behind (terrain was pre-placed), with the Wraithseer nearby and a WL. Just to the right of them were the WB's with the attached spiritseer... the other WL and the WK on the far right. He deployed with the three knights spaced equally along his deployment zone... one 10 man squad near the middle with the two rhinos providing mobile cover/sniping window. The Cents/tiggy and the other 10 man squad were on a hill to his left flank (my right) on a hill (Realm of battle board hill).

He failed to seize and it was nightfight the first round (thank goodness). I went first... WK jumped up behind a tall building getting cover from all the Knights. I put him out there as bait to get the Knights to charge close in range of my 10 WG squad. I cast conceal (totally forgot to cast protect, durka durka) on my WB, along with FNP from the WSeer. Ran them up the middle behind that same piece of ruin that the WK was behind. (MOAR BAIT!) WK and WL shoot at the grav gun cents .. killing only one. WG were out of range, Wseer shot his d-cannon and glanced the knight on my left flank, and the wave serpent shot the scatter laser and cannon and managed to do another HP of damage on it. Other two knights were unscathed.

His turn I expected the Knights to move up 12" and assault all the bait I put up there. He might have sniffed that out though, because he moved them BACK about 4". other squads stood still and shot. Tigirius cast prescience, 4++ inv, and misfortune on my WK. Then the grav guns shot at it. Did 9 wounds to him and thanks to Night fight and cover, I got a 3+ cover save. With supreme luck I was able to save all but 3 wounds. WK lives to see another round! The WB took 4 casualties to knight fire, and thats all the damage I took. Serpent was shot at by melta but it failed to pen/glance.

Turn 2 my hemlock comes in and flies down the right flank to setup close to the centurions and the 10 man squad of marines. WSeer perils himself casting FNP on the WB's. I fail my protect psychic roll but manage to get off conceal. No bueno. They aren't going to last another round. WK jumps to within 4" of the centurions and adjacent 10 man tac squad. WB's move up into the ruins they were hiding behind, within 6" of the middle Knight. I can see he's not going to take my bait so I move the WG out of cover into the middle of the field. Wseer moves ahead of them and moved up behind a bunker that provided him a decent cover save. I start shooting.... WK fires into the cents again wiffing on both shots (gah!). WL fires on the right flank knight but he saves his ion shield. Hemlock fires on the tac squad and cents, doing a wound to a cent and killing three marines. Serpent moves closer to the left flank knight, fires everything at him including the shield and does a hullpoint. Wseer fires his dcannon at the middle Knight. Hits. Pens. Rolls a 5 on the damage chart. AP2 means explosion... I roll a 6 for the additional damage so it takes 3 more HP in damage for a total of 4. All of a sudden my WBlades look like they can take it out. They charge... losing one to overwatch heavy stubber fire (gah!). WK charges into the centurions and the tac squad. WK Smashes all the centurions and tiggy. Krak grenades are thrown in response and they fail. They lose combat by a lot.... take a morale check and pass BUT THE HEMLOCK makes them re-roll it and they fail.... running for the table edge but don't quite make it). The blades fail to even scratch the paint on the center Knight through some crappy rolling (I only hit three times total) and thus it escapes combat after killing only a single WB in response.

His turn. His combined fire annihilates the WB's and spiritseer. He does 2 wounds to the WK with a grav gun and STILL DOESN'T charge my WK which is inches away from the right flank Knight. I donno why. My WK had only a single wound left.

My turn the WK shoots and does 2 damage to the right most Knight. A bright lance adds another one. He's at half strength... I'm telling myself "Fortune favors the bold (but pities the fool)" and charge my WK into combat with hit. Hemlock goes and tries to cast terrify on the squad of marines that are on the edge of the table but they're > 12" away and thus don't have to reroll their successful morale check. It then moves towards the middle and tries to shoot the so-far unscathed unit of marines in the middle and kills 5 marines. They pass the first morale check but fail the second but only run 3" so they stick around to fight another round. I shoot the serpent at the left most knight bringing it down to 1 HP. Wseer tries to shoot the center knight that has 2 HP left but fails to hit. WK charges into the Knight. I kill it but the resulting explosion kills the WK. One knight down, 2 to go.

His turn. The center knight shoots at the WG killing 2. It assaults the Wseer. They kill each other. Left flank Knight tries to shoot the serpent but it was placed behind terrain and thus saved its 3+ cover save. The center squad of marines shoots at the hemlock that almost made them run away, locking its velocity.

My turn the WG move forward and blow up the last knight but in the explosion I manage to lose all but two WG!!! The Serpent drops off the D-scythe WG and they mop of the remnants of the center SM squad while the serpent kills an empty rhino.

At this point he had 6 marines left and he called the game (it was getting late anyways). The first thing he said afterwards was "I didn't play them right at all... I should have run them at you right away." I agreed. He might have fallen into my trap, but if he did it with all three of his knights, I might have been able to clear away one knight due to WG fire, but I would have been smitten next round.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Thats was pretty much one of the hardest lists for a knight to face and still it doesnt sound too one-sided. Im not even sure if I can field that many heavy weapons needed to even scratch a knight...

I dont know if the knight is different but superheavies cant fire overwatch.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Thats was pretty much one of the hardest lists for a knight to face and still it doesnt sound too one-sided. Im not even sure if I can field that many heavy weapons needed to even scratch a knight...

I dont know if the knight is different but superheavies cant fire overwatch.
    People at the store have claimed that my list is beardy. I don't know really how. I'm not spamming a single unit (two Wraithlords maybe). I've got a fluffy list and I'm not using the supplement that makes them broken to do it.

I'm not using a single farseer. Only one wave serpent. I'm using the flyer that supposedly stinks... so yeah....

As for superheavies not being able to fire overwatch... I might have missed it somewhere but super heavy walkers follow the normal rules for walkers except for what their special rules allow... They cannot snap fire their battlecannon or melta blaster but they can snap fire their heavy stubbers IMO.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    As for superheavies not being able to fire overwatch... I might have missed it somewhere but super heavy walkers follow the normal rules for walkers except for what their special rules allow... They cannot snap fire their battlecannon or melta blaster but they can snap fire their heavy stubbers IMO.
    I actually think I recall that being a special rule. But you're right... it doesn't really matter, given that the stubbers are practically useless as actual weapons.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast