BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It could be a double-D weapon.
    I'm now imagining Jodie Marsh striding across the battlefield...
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Page 13 of the New White Dwarf

"Knights who take the mantle of Freeblades cast aside the heraldry of their former houses. Tradition dictates that these Nobles adopt the Laurels Fidelis, a laurel-wreathed skull which indicates their continued loyalty towards the imperium of man, despite leaving their houses, an Imperial Knight wearing this symbol will fight for Mankind, even until death"

So guess that means Knights are only for Imperial Factions :P

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Acaelus View Post
    Page 13 of the New White Dwarf

"Knights who take the mantle of Freeblades cast aside the heraldry of their former houses. Tradition dictates that these Nobles adopt the Laurels Fidelis, a laurel-wreathed skull which indicates their continued loyalty towards the imperium of man, despite leaving their houses, an Imperial Knight wearing this symbol will fight for Mankind, even until death"

So guess that means Knights are only for Imperial Factions :P
    hopefully... it's not like the Codex is called Imperial-and-Freeblade-who-will-work-for-the-guys-who-want-to-kill-all-life-in-the-Galaxy Knights...
    Chaos versions aside off course, no problem with that, but that's probably what ForgeWorld is for, or your own creativity and the common sense of your gaming group...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    hopefully... it's not like the Codex is called Imperial-and-Freeblade-who-will-work-for-the-guys-who-want-to-kill-all-life-in-the-Galaxy Knights...
    Chaos versions aside off course, no problem with that, but that's probably what ForgeWorld is for, or your own creativity and the common sense of your gaming group...
    Agreed. I really hope Chaos players can take these as it's fluffy and makes sense. But Eldar? Tau? They have their big, flashy units and I doubt the Knight Nobles would freely hire themselves out to Xenos factions.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Agreed. I really hope Chaos players can take these as it's fluffy and makes sense. But Eldar? Tau? They have their big, flashy units and I doubt the Knight Nobles would freely hire themselves out to Xenos factions.
    then again, on second thought and kinda gainsaying myself, the rules are easily generic enough to be applicable to most other races, so that leaves fancy conversions an open door (kinda like with how everyone can take Fortifications although the models are very Imperial)
    I mean, what equipment do we have on the Knights?
    Big Boom Stick (aka Rapid Fire Battle Cannon) - now if that's not generic what is? Profile would fit just about any kind of weapon, not just "standard" cannon/explosive type thingies
    Big Melta Cannon - it's not like the other races weren't using Melta weaponry already...
    Big Honking Slapstick - check, just doesn't really fit Tau, but even they have their weird little Fusion Blades in Farsight, so there goes...
    Big Flashy Shield - noone really likes getting shot to bits before getting to do anything... heck, even Orks have their KFFs...

That only leaves out Tyranids, for whom a Vehicle would feel incredibly wrong, and maybe Eldar of both ilks because it's just too well armoured, but they have their Wraithknight already/don't use any kind of heavy vehicle anyways, so that's not too too bad either...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Sergeant

On page 3 of the new WD while previewing the codex it says "There are also comprehensive rules for using your Imperial Knights in games, either as allies for a variety of existing Warhammer 40k armies (most prominently the armies of the Imperium), or as a primary detachment."

Battle-Brother

I had a crazy thought about the Knights. I don't have any of the current Fortification or Apoc Stuff but...

I wonder how many Knights can be deployed on a Skyshield Landing Pad so they can get their 4+ invul from all facings? Can they use it at all?

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tannarak View Post
    I had a crazy thought about the Knights. I don't have any of the current Fortification or Apoc Stuff but...

I wonder how many Knights can be deployed on a Skyshield Landing Pad so they can get their 4+ invul from all facings? Can they use it at all?
    Two of them maybe? But....how are they getting up there?
    The machine knows all. Praise the Omnissiah!
    WFB: Dark elves, Skaven Clan Mors, Nippon. HH and 40k: Adeptus Mechanicus.

Brother-Captain

I imagine it's pretty easy to have a freeblade fight for a xenos with a little Rogue Tradering going on.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhalagon View Post
    Two of them maybe? But....how are they getting up there?
    I guess deploying them on there is a good star. Other than 12" move, they move like a normal walker, so if you were next to it and rolled a 6 you could get up there too.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast