BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    It's a very nice kit, I still just want a fist option and not the chainsword .
    Completely agree, think a fist would look great on one of these.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master

So, the real question is: how easy will it be to magnetize? Any experts want to chime in and start contributing?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

On first blush it the Kit looks like it should be pretty easy to magnetize: the connections seem pretty cylindrical male/female which should make it easy to set magnets. The only question is exactly how heavy the arms are, as you might need a decent strength NIB to make sure it doesn't fall off if you jostle it around.

Heck, if you're just interested in the Vambrace-joint, it's possible it will dry-stick much like you can swap out turrets or the weapons on the Doomscythe.

The truth may be different, but these pics look encouraging.

Librarian

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatG ameStyle=wh40k[/url]
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatG ameStyle=wh40k[/url]
    Loving that bulk discount *snicker* on the 3 and 5 pack.

LOL.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Sergeant

Just pre-ordered two from an e-bay store I trust at $115 each and free shipping... I may get them a little later than if I picked them up locally, but it's hard to beat the savings!

Chapter-Master

Interesting that they have their own "sub section" along with the othe 40k armies....

Chaplain

Hah! Just to confuse things, the web entry describes it as "8 Inches Tall" but the picture of it standing next to the marine STILL shows it as a little over 6" tall. =P

Chapter-Master

So, judging by the pictures, it looks like the gun assembly is mostly one set of pieces, which is going to mean either multiple magnets or going to the bits-sellers to get an extra arm/gun assembly. I'm probably going to do the latter.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    So, judging by the pictures, it looks like the gun assembly is mostly one set of pieces, which is going to mean either multiple magnets or going to the bits-sellers to get an extra arm/gun assembly. I'm probably going to do the latter.
    yeah... although the ammo box on the side of the battle cannon might just look acceptable as an alternate/armored melta canister type thingy, at which point one would only need to swap the barrels if I see that correctly... ah well I'll just wait and see what it looks like in plastic
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Page 36 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast