BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Can't wait for these guys to come out, thinking I need at least two of them!

Whats the odds that this Knight kit will make more variants? And whats the odds that more Knight kits vill come with dual builds?

Librarian

i would hope one of the sprues that has weapons and heads can be subbed out for alternate build kit, add a sprue for the baron. alternate weapons from FW like a shock/power lance. that said there are some totally self contained kits gw hasnt expanded on so who knows... will we see a malefactor made out of one of the new tyranid big boy bodies? is 40k turning into 25/28mm epic?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    i would hope one of the sprues that has weapons and heads can be subbed out for alternate build kit, add a sprue for the baron. alternate weapons from FW like a shock/power lance. that said there are some totally self contained kits gw hasnt expanded on so who knows... will we see a malefactor made out of one of the new tyranid big boy bodies? is 40k turning into 25/28mm epic?
    Head and arms are going to be easy enough to swap around, so a likely base for FW to add some other weapon options like the power fist and power lance, maybe a Gatling weapon of some sort, when adding Knights to the Mechanicum army list. Depending on how the legs are designed, they could even make slightly longer thigh parts to make the Lancer and Baron.

Going a bit further, a R'Varna scale redesign could see bulkier armor added, and both arms swapped for heavy weapons to make Castellian and Crusaders.

TLDR: Don't expect more parts from GW, but FW ought to be all over this kit soon.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Head and arms are going to be easy enough to swap around, so a likely base for FW to add some other weapon options like the power fist and power lance, maybe a Gatling weapon of some sort, when adding Knights to the Mechanicum army list. Depending on how the legs are designed, they could even make slightly longer thigh parts to make the Lancer and Baron.

Going a bit further, a R'Varna scale redesign could see bulkier armor added, and both arms swapped for heavy weapons to make Castellian and Crusaders.

TLDR: Don't expect more parts from GW, but FW ought to be all over this kit soon.
    You'd need to replace the whole upper carapace to make a castellan/crusader kit. The arms of a paladin/errant/lancer/baron come down from the shoulders, so the shoulder armor curves around the top and side; the arms of a castellan/crusader go right out to the side, and the shoulder armor would get in the way. I think that this kit can only be manipulated enough to make paladins, errants, lancers, and barons - I think that castellans and crusaders will need a new kit. Of course, that's assuming that they don't just radically redesign the castellan and crusader visuals... but we're already assuming that, otherwise why bother mentioning the Epic models at all?

Now, the castellan/crusader kit might just be a Forgeworld, rather than GW, kit...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Honestly, I don't think we should expect anything else to come out of this codex, except maybe some Forgeworld conversion kits (if that). After the Chapterhouse case, GW has developed an allergy to producing rules for models that don't exist yet. I predict one of the following:

1) Everything in the codex that comes with this kit will be stuff that you can make out of kits that already exist. You know - using Space Marines kits to make mortals in power armor or terminator armor, IG kits to make less elite mercenaries, using IG tanks painted up in mercenary colors, using the IG engineseer kit and servitors to make mechanicum units, etc.
    2) We are blowing the "it's a codex!" rumors out of the water, and really the only thing in this "codex" is the Imperial Knights.
    3) This is the least likely, IMHO. There's an entire new line of mechanicum/mercenaries models coming, of which the Imperial Knight is only the bold forerunner to give all of us (even the ladies) enormous new faction boners. These models are ready to go and will be announced at the same time that the Imperial Knight is released, and released themselves shortly thereafter.

GW suffered over Chapterhouse. Not that they lost a lot of money - though between lost sales and lawyers, they probably lost some - but they definitely ended up feeling backed into a humiliating court case that cost them credibility with their fan base. I don't believe that they will be making that mistake any time soon.
    Last edited by ElectricPaladin; 02-18-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    You'd need to replace the whole upper carapace to make a castellan/crusader kit. The arms of a paladin/errant/lancer/baron come down from the shoulders, so the shoulder armor curves around the top and side; the arms of a castellan/crusader go right out to the side, and the shoulder armor would get in the way. I think that this kit can only be manipulated enough to make paladins, errants, lancers, and barons - I think that castellans and crusaders will need a new kit. Of course, that's assuming that they don't just radically redesign the castellan and crusader visuals... but we're already assuming that, otherwise why bother mentioning the Epic models at all?

Now, the castellan/crusader kit might just be a Forgeworld, rather than GW, kit...
    If you look at the Paladin/Errant model, the arm appears to socket into the side with a couple of joints- (in aircraft terms for ease of description) round socket in the side allows for pitch, sticks out with a shoulder joint angled down that appears to allow for roll, and then mid arm ring looks like it would allow yaw. (If it is one piece, I plant to cut it there and magentize at that point to allow for swaps).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1801088_10152643541542119_265920373_n.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	7429

The shoulder pad may mount to the body directly, or it may be a separate piece that sits on top of the shoulder joint, but either way, it looks like a separate piece from the main torso. They could just leave it off, and have a nice socket on the side for Castellan/Crusader side mounted weapons. And for the bulkier look, they could do like the R'Varna and add "bolt on" armor plating. If the leg plating is separate on the knight, they could just add larger/thicker armor plates to the legs that make the whole thing look bulkier. And a different head design.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    If you look at the Paladin/Errant model, the arm appears to socket into the side with a couple of joints- (in aircraft terms for ease of description) round socket in the side allows for pitch, sticks out with a shoulder joint angled down that appears to allow for roll, and then mid arm ring looks like it would allow yaw. (If it is one piece, I plant to cut it there and magentize at that point to allow for swaps).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1801088_10152643541542119_265920373_n.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	7429

The shoulder pad may mount to the body directly, or it may be a separate piece that sits on top of the shoulder joint, but either way, it looks like a separate piece from the main torso. They could just leave it off, and have a nice socket on the side for Castellan/Crusader side mounted weapons. And for the bulkier look, they could do like the R'Varna and add "bolt on" armor plating. If the leg plating is separate on the knight, they could just add larger/thicker armor plates to the legs that make the whole thing look bulkier. And a different head design.
    I see your point. Perhaps you're right...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

word over on faeit is that the pictures we have so far are the resin masters and the mas produced versions will be different.

Personally, I don't buy it, why would GW use miniatures you can't buy in their marketing, the back lash will be huge.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Resin masters? On plastic models?

Thought they still used 3UPs?

Not convinced about the resin masters claim.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast