BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    The transfer sheet will be in the box. This is just so you can buy it separately as well. The same thing happened with the Baneblade, the sheet was both in the box and available separately.
    It's a separate sheet of transfers; different from what's in the box. My FLGS has got this weekends White Dwarf in already.

Brother-Captain

GW, Giant Robot armies + plague zombie horde armies have just made me so damn happy. So friggin' happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Horncastle View Post
    It's a separate sheet of transfers; different from what's in the box. My FLGS has got this weekends White Dwarf in already.
    Huh. OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    Yup. Those shots do confirm it is on a bigger base.

I think it's slightly taller than your bottom comparison, judging by the side by side w the trygon. I'd guess it's around the shoulder of the WK

Looks like it may have a new base?

The comparrison looks about right, but the base seems distinctly wider. Could just be perspective trick though (unintentional of course)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Looks like it may have a new base?

The comparrison looks about right, but the base seems distinctly wider. Could just be perspective trick though (unintentional of course)
    Mumak base 180 x 140mm

I think it might be a new base as well. The perspective may be off a little, but if you look at the image with the trygon, although you cannot see the lower portion, the knight body is significantly wider than the trygon. Alone the Trygon is still pretty wide considering its scything talons. I look at the photo of the Knight with its base, and it has space to the side of its feet. While its body is significantly wider than a trygon, its feet are wider than its body. It almost has to follow its on a larger base.

Chapter-Master

Another thing to consider is that all modern GW bases are of uniform height. Check out the height of the base - it's consistent, but only if the knight's base is broader across than the others.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Apparently it is the Mumak base, a 7" by 5.5" oval that thus far has not been used anywhere else. And GW likes to reuse bases as much as possible- see how the new flying stand for the Valk spawned the large oval for 40K, and how some of the larger base sizes have spread throughout fantasy.

Could be the same size but the Mumak base is textured and not re-usable.

Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast